Fundraiser: @discgolfreview.com email addresses

Official Announcements about the DGR site

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Fundraiser: @discgolfreview.com email addresses

Postby Blake_T » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:17 pm

We're trying to raise money to pay for software licensing and server hosting (both the new host and backpay for the previous host). To help raise the money I will be selling @discgolfreview.com email addresses.

There's two types that will be available:
-email forwards. these will forward emails sent to the address to one of your existing email accounts.

-pop email accounts. these will be a full-functioning email account that you can download emails using external software or login via webmail. there won't be a huge mailbox (in the 2-4mb range) so it probably won't be useful for large attachments but you will be able to send and receive your normal email via these accounts. now's your chance to get a yournameiscool@discgolfreview.com email address :P

Details:
by purchasing said email you agree not to do anything illegal with said email account. email address names cannot be anything perverse, drug related, or include blatant cuss words (although if you can come up with something very clever i might let it slide).

email accounts will be good for 1 year from activation (with plans to have them be renewable next year). abuse of email accounts can lead to cancellation.

there will be a limited number of accounts available. whether or not we will reach said limit remains to be seen and will be determined based upon demand and how much of a load it puts on the server.

Prices:
$7 for 1 year of email forwarding.
$25 for 1 year of pop email.

email or pm me for more information.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Re: Fundraiser: @discgolfreview.com email addresses

Postby Blake_T » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:56 pm

well, 0 takers so far. really needing to raise at least $150 to cover back end DGR stuff.
Blake_T

Postby Blake_T » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:23 am

had a few people buy up email addresses.

we're $45 away from the target goal.

thanks to everyone so far.
Blake_T

Postby JimW » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:54 pm

You might get more takers if you made this a global announcement, not everyone may check this forum.
discspeed wrote:We're not owls

The core of my game is throwing pink stuff really straight
JimW
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Whatever

Postby Blake_T » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:12 am

i have it posted here and a sticky in the buy/sell/trade section. i'm not a big fan of spamming when trying to fund raise. the people who care about DGR official announcements will find it :)

things are moving along slowly but steadily. currently sitting $20 away from the target goal, which is 1 pop acct or 3 forwards away from being done.
Blake_T

Postby Blake_T » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:41 pm

well, we reached the target goal through a combination of the DGR PD's and a few people that donated and purchased email addresses.

a big thanks to everyone.

if people still want to get a DGR email i'll leave that open and funds will be applied to 2011's hosting.
Blake_T

Return to Disc Golf Review Official Announcements