Re: Help a discgolfer who lost everything in Joplin, MO

Postby AlucardJh » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:24 am

Your right star shark. Sad situation :(
AlucardJh
Noob

Favorite Disc: Innova Wraith

Re: Help a discgolfer who lost everything in Joplin, MO

Postby readysetstab » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:26 pm

hey everyone, this is Pat Wooley. I'm the guy that Russ Burns originally got this benefit started for. I didn't even know he was doing it and got a very nice surprise from him. he paid for my entry fee to a tournament in arkansas and then gave me all this stuff that everyone had compiled for me. I've gotta say it was the most humbling thing i've ever experienced. I couldn't believe that so many people who didn't know me at all were willing to give as much as you all did.

I'm so thankful to all of you who helped, and especially to Russ, who actually loaned me a truck through this whole time until i can find another vehicle to replace the two that i lost. I can't imagine how hard this would've been without Russ and his help and spreading the word. He only had to tell a few people and the message just kept spreading and spreading and seems to never stop. I still get things in the mail every week, but i just wanted everyone to know that i'm back on my feet now and no longer need any assistance.

I may have lost everything that i had, but the new stuff that replaced it is just as good or better. Now my insurance has kicked in and i have money to replace a lot of the more expensive stuff that was harder to live without, so between the disc golf community and my insurance actually doing what they're supposed to do, i'm really doing very well now. I know I'd be telling a different story if not for the amazing disc golf community and so many good friends that i may or may not even know, so thank you all SOOOO MUCH! Every time i talk about it I start to tear up and this was no exception so i'm gonna stop before i get my shoulders soaked from wiping tears away. I just wanted to tell you myself that the effort you all made to send anything at all was well worth it. believe me, you've touched the hearts of more disc golfers than just me. So thanks again! I'll never forget this experience. You've turned something terrible into something great and it's changed my life. And i know i can never actually pay you all back for what you've done for me but i hope a simple "thank you" will do. Thank you so much.

And with that said, all is well now. There's no longer a need to send anything to me. There might be some other disc golfers that still need help, though. You'll have to ask Russ about that, but I'm not accepting anymore. I've received more than enough help and to accept any more would be greedy, so anything else i get will go to other displaced golfers or just to new players who may need a disc or two to get started. ok, i'm done rambling. :D Happy discin' everyone!
readysetstab
Fairway Surgeon

Previous

Return to Disc Golf Review Official Announcements