Live Oak Park in Live Oak, TX

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Live Oak Park in Live Oak, TX

Postby proteus7 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:55 pm

Anybody play this course? I have been playing here for the past year with a group of friends. They are supposedly going to be upgrading it so perhaps someone knows more about it.

Paul
proteus7
Noob

Favorite Disc: TeeDevil

Re: Live Oak Park in Live Oak, TX

Postby itlnstln » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:28 am

I play there just about every weekend. Great course. I don't know much about the upgrades, though. Unfortunately, I'm pretty busy these days (damn corporate ladder), so I don't stay in touch with the San Antonio area DG community much anymore (I assume the LODGC is doing the work). I am excited to see what they come up with.
itlnstln
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby proteus7 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:18 pm

This is what the LODGA says about it:

http://lodga.com/course_expansion.htm
LODGA has enlisted renowned course designer John Houck to undertake a major renovation project with three goals:

1. Redesign the Live Oak course and separate it into two distinct courses,
2. Design and install new 18-hole course on the Lakeview College campus.
3. Create three world class courses on one contiguous property.

The Plan:
Install new tee signs which will contain small advertisements. Ads will be sold to area businesses. A sample tee sign is pictured at right. Since Live Oak will be redesigned, a total of 54 new tee signs will be required. There will also be a course map near hole 1 with all advertisers displayed.
proteus7
Noob

Favorite Disc: TeeDevil

Postby lowracks » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:48 am

I believe the plan is to have two distinct 18 hole layouts that are in the process of being designed by Houck. I'm not sure of the date of completion, but I'm sure it will be amazing. They have already started clearing out areas for new holes in some spots (near hole 24 for example). Hopefully there is a some sort of plan for a "Goodbye" tournament for the current course.
lowracks
Tree Magnet

Postby allsport1313 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:24 pm

I used to play there everyday! It's good to hear they're upgrading it - I too thought that all those holes with names like 15A, 15B, 15C, 15D, etc would be much more useful if they were just deemed another set of 18. If anyone wants to play some time, whether Live Oak or Universal City and McClain, let me know. I know this thread is a couple months passed but I'm always looking for DG friends :D Most of the time I play solo
allsport1313
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: plastic

Postby allsport1313 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:47 pm

Fly Ink open 2012 this weekend!! Anyone else going? I'm so stoked to see these big names tear up my home course, I'll probably be there all weekend :thumbup:
allsport1313
Tree Magnet

Postby Bultx1215 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:16 am

I'll be there working.
Bultx1215
Noob

Favorite Disc: Saint

Postby allsport1313 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:03 pm

Awesome! Do you know when it starts? There is no info online and I've never been to a disc golf tournament. Thanks
allsport1313
Tree Magnet

Postby Bultx1215 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:50 pm

Sorry I missed you. I was working the tourney and crashing every night...didn't even turn on my computer. FB is where most in SA get info. San Antonio Disc Golfers page is one that will have most info. Ck it out.
Bultx1215
Noob

Favorite Disc: Saint

Postby lowracks » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:16 am

Who are you guys? I'm sure we've played together before.
lowracks
Tree Magnet

Postby itlnstln » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:22 am

Does anyone know how the new/changed holes are supposed to flow? 10, 12 and 14 are gone, there is some random basket in the middle of 15, and 27 is gone, too. Unfortunately, I didn't get to play in the LOSO this year since I was out of town, so I didn't get to see how the course is supposed to play now. It's frustrating as hell with all the noobs lost, wandering around, and fucking up my round getting in the way and asking questions (that I don't know how to answer, nonetheless).

For reference, I play the course all bass-ackwards. I park at the Judson office, play 18-28, then jump to 10 errr... 11 and play back to my car. 1-9 are a waste of time... well, not really, but it's a long-ass walk from anywhere.
itlnstln
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc

Return to Courses