jist313 wrote:I just moved to NJ from TN where I started playing. Here's my top ten.
1. Tyler State Park PA (love the long B's and C's, Tight course, difficult)
2. Nockimixon PA (Amazingly beautiful and seriously difficult)
3. Sinks, Chattanooga TN (great new course that got me hooked, Wooded)
4. Endicott STL (good layout, some nasty holes, think your doing fine then crash)
5. Sedgley Woods PHL (some very unique holes, watch out for flying discs)
6. Jefferson Barracks STL (good layout, fun to play)
7. Tinicum Park PA (Long mostly open, windy)
8. Rutgers NJ (Different course in each layout, great for practicing short game)
9. Sioux Passage STL (Open and long)
10. White Birch STL (Short course with plenty of trouble)
I have yet to play and hope to play soon, just need time!
Warwick, NY (I'm sure I will love it),
Idle Wild, Cincinnati (I am there often but never get to play)
Paw Paw WV
I prefer long, tight wooded courses that favor accuracy, like Tyler long pins or Nockimixon. I like tough courses that make you manage your game. Anybody recommend others courses in the area? Does anybody have plans for a good course in Central Jersey?
Like the_lung said, there's an 18-hole Championship caliber course being put in up in the Bernardsville/Bridgewater area. It's in planning stages, but it looks to be pretty sweet.
I live in Princeton, too, and my home course is Tyler. It's only 35-40 minutes, and totally worth the ride, but I'm sure you've experienced that seeing as how it made #1 for you. Have you been out at all for league on Sunday mornings? How about the One and Done coming up on the 24th? All 27 holes, one disc only, it's one of my favorite tournies of the year.
As much as I love my home course, Warwick has to take my #1. Get up there as soon as you can, it's only about 1 hour 20 minutes maybe, just kinda hard to find. It's not as wooded as Tyler or Nock, but it requires both power and accuracy. There's a segment of shorter holes in the woods, but there's also some amazing open holes that still require you to be accurate. It's immaculately groomed up there, too.
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan