philly and atlantic city area

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

philly and atlantic city area

Postby Dump truck » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:27 pm

I'm. Flying into philly tommorow and will be staying in atlantic city. As usual I'll be looking to play some golf and hit up the breweries. Any suggestions?

I'm planning to play brandywine and I saw there are 2 courses in vineland which is pretty close. There is 1 brewery I saw in atlantic city.
omega/rhyno/comet/torque/hornet/valk/pd/nuke/destroyer
Dump truck
Tree Magnet

Re: philly and atlantic city area

Postby plastic_fondler » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:30 am

In south jersey, there are not many good courses. Really your only bet is the south vineland park course. Its decent with some interesting woods shots and sandy fairways. The first vineland course is not worth it and cape may is worse. If you venture up to philly I think Tyler would be the best course despite being a little out of philly.

Philly/AC doesn't have many breweries proper. I'd rather suggest some philly brew pubs including Monk's and Khyber Pub.

cheers!
plastic_fondler
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: firebird

Postby Bugbee » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:49 am

For sure stay away from Landis Park (Vineland) and the Cape May park course, they blow. I have heard that the other Vineland course is pretty decent, might be worth a shot. I also recommend Tyler if you can make the trip, awesome course.
Bugbee
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: 174g Z Predator

Postby roadkill » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:08 am

If you're going into Delaware to play B-wine you may want to check out Iron Hill also. I haven't played it yet but it is Delaware's newest gem and has all the praise of the Delaware Disc Golfers. I believe it's in the Newark area.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Return to Courses