Moir Park in Bloomington I believe, MN

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Moir Park in Bloomington I believe, MN

Postby Hookshot » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:03 pm

This park was great, it had the mach 3's i believe. It is a mall park with easy Par 3s. There is a lot of tall trees that you have to play under and only a couple holes to drive on but man this will help your short game and also a lot of use of the left to right hook. One hole does have people walking through. ALSO: there is a completely white covered squirrell here!!!! crazy sight to be seen
Hookshot
Noob

Re: Moir Park in Bloomington I believe, MN

Postby garublador » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:54 am

Hookshot wrote:This park was great, it had the mach 3's i believe. It is a mall park with easy Par 3s. There is a lot of tall trees that you have to play under and only a couple holes to drive on but man this will help your short game and also a lot of use of the left to right hook. One hole does have people walking through. ALSO: there is a completely white covered squirrell here!!!! crazy sight to be seen

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Kenneth Rosland Park in Edina? I suppose they could have changed the basket as Moir, but last time I was there they had those green saucer type basket that have a solid cone instead of chains. I'm also not sure Moir has any holes longer than 270' and most are under 200'. Rosland is also close to Southdale Mall and has a swimming pool with a water slide in it.

Here's Moir:

http://www.playdg.com/moir/

and here's Rosland:

http://www.playdg.com/rosland/

If you're talking about Rosland, then I agree with you. It's a fun park to play for a casual round. I hear it's one of Blakes favorites, too. ;) The trees make having low line drive necessary. Moir park is a good one to go to when you just feel like carring your putter. There are a lot of interesting approach shots to throw and there's nothing like haivng maybe 1 square foot of area you can hit and still have your putt count to get you to really concentrate on your putting.
garublador
Disc Whore

Return to Courses