Lansing MI

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Lansing MI

Postby Redisculous » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:50 pm

I'm going to be spending a couple days near Lansing MI next week, can anyone tell me what courses there are worth hitting up?

According to DGCR Grand Woods looks like the best in the area. I'm going to be up near clio one day, has anyone played goldenrod over there?
Anode | Comet | Axis |Vector | PPD | SPD | CPD
Redisculous
Fairway Surgeon

Location: Southern Wisconsin, where the best courses are in Illinois!
Favorite Disc: Axis

Re: Lansing MI

Postby Mark Ellis » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:02 am

Grand Woods is a fine course but has a couple drawbacks. It floods in Spring and some parts of the course may be accessible only by snorkel. I haven't played it in a few weeks so I don't know its current condition. The other problem is its popularity. It attracts lots of casuals. In nice weather the going may be very slow.

About 10 miles east of Lansing a new course has gone in in Laingsburg, Sleepy Hollow State Park. This course really nice. The design is excellent and challenging. It has natural tee pads (so far) and these will be muddy at places. It is so new that it likely will not be busy.

Goldenrod, near Flint is a fun course. It is very tight at places (a couple holes are poke and hope) but still a good course. I would anticipate plenty of mud here, too.

If you post the timing of your visits I might be able to join you for a round. Tuesday and Thursday mornings are the highest probability.
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Postby Redisculous » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:11 pm

I'd love the chance to meet up with you and play a round! I'm not sure what my schedule is going to be like once I get over there, but I should be able to get out sometime on Thursday. I'll shoot you a PM when I know more.
Anode | Comet | Axis |Vector | PPD | SPD | CPD
Redisculous
Fairway Surgeon

Location: Southern Wisconsin, where the best courses are in Illinois!
Favorite Disc: Axis

Postby chainbanger » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:31 am

when are you goin to be in lansing to play? its supposed to rain today but im off and up for a round or two.
I need your new old stock JLS'S
chainbanger
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JLS

Return to Courses