Arizona

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Arizona

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:10 pm

Phoenix specifically.
How are the courses. The ones the Memorial is played at look decent, and I have checked dgcr for more. Everything looks super open, even compared to CO. . . How far is flagstaff, from say scottsdale or glendale? I have heard great things about the courses that worlds (07 i think?) were played at.
Are there nicely organized clubs? daily tags? I know a few of you guys are from AZ (domromer and timko i believe). I am asking because it looks as though I will be living there for the entirety of 2011.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Re: Arizona

Postby JHern » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:26 pm

I don't know the Phoenix courses, as I didn't play when I lived there previously, but I can tell you the best restaurant: Los Dos Molinos on Central Ave just a few blocks north of the north entrance to South Mountain Park. Anyways, I hear that Fountain Hills is really nice, and that the people there are really awesome.

Flagstaff is only 2 hours (very scenic) drive from Phoenix, and has some great courses. I just saw the Snow Bowl course last weekend, though it wasn't open yet owing to late snow, but it looks epic. In town they have 3 highly rated 18 hole courses, all with lots of trees and beautiful views. Only problem is that disc golf is seasonal up there...winters are not viable. There is free camping available in the Flagstaff area (e.g., near the base of the snow bowl road), so you can do a whole weekend on a low budget, while simultaneously escaping the heat in the valley.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Return to Courses