Brys Park; St. Clair Shores, MI

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Brys Park; St. Clair Shores, MI

Postby EpicLeopard1337 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:07 pm

The location itself is bad enough (right next to the highway, so noobish stray shots can cause serious accidents), but the idea of trying to jam 24 holes in a park smaller than raintree is just confounding! It makes absolutely no sense to try to pack so many into such a small space; and half the "holes" are alternate tees that are less than 20 feet away from the original. Why even bother trying to call it a different hole when it's nearly identical?
Not to mention that practically all of the holes are between 100 and 250 feet! this is more like a crappy disc "putt putt" course than a disc golf course.

Also, the use of the walking trail as a tee pad on multiple holes is questionable at best. It inconveniences both golfer and walker having to wait for one or the other to clear out before either can proceed. Did the designer not realize that there are a lot of people who go walking in this park? I feel like the time that I didn't spend walking from hole to hole (for the size of the course there was a lot of misappropriated empty space between the basket and the next tee on nearly every hole) was spent waiting for the multiple walkers and runners to clear the course. Especially the hole where you throw down the length of the trail and have the houses on your right.

This is by and far the biggest waste of space ever dedicated to disc golf. I am abhorred, appalled, and deeply disturbed to have witnessed such a travesty to such a great game.
Flash-Valkyrie-Cheetah-Roc-Buzzz-Comet
EpicLeopard1337
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: honky cat

Re: Brys Park; St. Clair Shores, MI

Postby trainwreck05 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:38 am

Heck yeah dude. 100% honest. I use it to pratice tho :P
trainwreck05
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Return to Courses