best golf cities?

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: best golf cities?

Postby bergdawg » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:18 am

JHern wrote:
bergdawg wrote:
JHern wrote:
steven wrote:a few of us travel once a year for a discgolf trip. We have hit austin tx, charlotte nc, and just recently, Kansas City, which i thought had the best courses yet. What cities should we add to the list? we need about 5-7 top-notch courses within 45 min or so of the city. Thinking about a trip in late feb. (florida or texas?), and one in late sept. (minneapolis, des moine, back to KC?). any ideas?
thanks

Dude, you haven't even thought about Santa Cruz? Sheesh. If you want a one-way ticket right into the center of the disc golf universe, you should come here. It's a disc golfer's paradise. Nothing else compares.

How many other places can you compare it to?

He did think of Santa Cruz, so the point of the post was obsolete.

So, zero.
bergdawg
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: 10M Brick

Postby Mark Ellis » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:14 pm

Mr. Plow wrote: I currently live in Des Moines, and we definitely have some really nice courses. Off the top of my head there are at least 5 top notch courses you should play if you come here: Walnut Ridge, Ewing, Grandview, Big Creek, and Pickard. If you end up coming to DM send me a PM and I'd join you all for a round or two.

I played the Worlds in Des Moines and thought the courses were great.

I live near Ann Arbor, Michigan and there are a slew of fine courses around here. The other side of the state (Ludington area) has gems as well in a vacation friendly setting.
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Postby bergdawg » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Mark Ellis wrote:
Mr. Plow wrote: I currently live in Des Moines, and we definitely have some really nice courses. Off the top of my head there are at least 5 top notch courses you should play if you come here: Walnut Ridge, Ewing, Grandview, Big Creek, and Pickard. If you end up coming to DM send me a PM and I'd join you all for a round or two.

I played the Worlds in Des Moines and thought the courses were great.

I live near Ann Arbor, Michigan and there are a slew of fine courses around here. The other side of the state (Ludington area) has gems as well in a vacation friendly setting.

I originated from the DSM area. My thoughts: boo yeah.
bergdawg
Tree Magnet

Postby JHern » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:24 pm

Mark Ellis wrote:...I live near Ann Arbor, Michigan and there are a slew of fine courses around here...

I should get up there some time, I have a lot of fun colleagues at the university and could possibly dovetail a professional visit with a disc golf tour...what is the best time of year in Ann Arbor for disc golf?
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby bergdawg » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:27 am

JHern wrote:
Mark Ellis wrote:...I live near Ann Arbor, Michigan and there are a slew of fine courses around here...

I should get up there some time, I have a lot of fun colleagues at the university and could possibly dovetail a professional visit with a disc golf tour...what is the best time of year in Ann Arbor for disc golf?

You're such a douche.
bergdawg
Tree Magnet

Postby bergdawg » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:28 am

Jhern is to DGR what Prerube is to DGCR?
bergdawg
Tree Magnet

Previous

Return to Courses