Travel to San Francisco

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Travel to San Francisco

Postby rehder » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:31 pm

So this will be slightly offtopic. Im coming to San Francisco for about 1 week, and of course plan to play at least Golden Gate Park and Delaveaga. Id also like to get a round in at Stafford, but Im not quite sure if the Trek is possible with a 2 year old. Can a stroller be used at Stafford?

What other sights should one go see when in SF, any good recommendations for places to stay?
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Re: Travel to San Francisco

Postby Billym » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:08 pm

You'll probably find the stroller to be a bit of a burden at Stafford with some decent hills but it is doable. Keep in mind that a round of 18 at Stafford will likely take over two hours so stroller aside your kid my get antsy.

If you are planning on Golden Gate, weekends can be really crowded so go early in the AM. Weekday afternoons may be crowded as well.
Destroyer,Sidewinder,Firebird,Eagles,Leopard, Roc, Mako, S Wizard.

Sometimes I wonder why that Frisbee is getting bigger then it hits me.
Billym
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby Jesse B 707 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:36 pm

we'd love to have you up at Stafford but even with one of those hardcore offroad strollers it is gonna be a chore to navigate the course
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby rehder » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:52 am

thx for the info. will see if I can get a solo round in at stafford or maybe som other solution.

Any good places to fondle plastic?
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Jesse B 707 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:51 pm

rehder wrote:Any good places to fondle plastic?

nothing good really, there is an alright selection at a game store in Berkely but that the closest thing to SF that i can think of
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Postby JHern » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:15 am

I'll show you around DeLaveaga if I'm in town. It's possible to also do Pinto Lake in the same day (or Black Mouse up in the redwood forest), if one starts early enough.

The DeLaveaga "club van" is a decent pro shop, with much of the standard offerings from Innova, Discraft, etc., and now lots of new plastic from Latitude 64. Nikko left some personal stamp Wizards and other Gateway plastic recently, and most of the other bases are covered. But the prices aren't cheap (though a few bucks from each sale goes to support the course).
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Jesse B 707 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:37 am

JHern wrote:I'll show you around DeLaveaga if I'm in town. It's possible to also do Pinto Lake in the same day (or Black Mouse up in the redwood forest), if one starts early enough.

The DeLaveaga "club van" is a decent pro shop, with much of the standard offerings from Innova, Discraft, etc., and now lots of new plastic from Latitude 64. Nikko left some personal stamp Wizards and other Gateway plastic recently, and most of the other bases are covered. But the prices aren't cheap (though a few bucks from each sale goes to support the course).

you're not joking about the prices, i will buy from DeLa disc little to never due to the terrible prices.....DJ's Mini Mart FTW
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Postby JHern » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:28 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:you're not joking about the prices, i will buy from DeLa disc little to never due to the terrible prices.....DJ's Mini Mart FTW

I buy from the van to support Mark and the club, and the convenience of having it around.

DJs Mini-Mart is OK, but since they've stopped sponsoring the course, we've been buying less from them...
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby hova innova » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:09 pm

If you want to make it out to Santa Rosa, play it again sports has a pretty good supply of discs that they just expanded. Used, new and dyed for good prices. A lot of innova plastic but if you want to sort through everything, you'll find a number of other brands.

Also, in terms of courses, my favorite in the area is Skyline park in Napa. I'd say it's like Stafford but a bit shorter and tighter shots. There are at least three pin placements for most of the holes which change monthly. Worth the trip and you can't beat the restaurants in St. Helena and Yountville.
hova innova
Noob

Favorite Disc: Orc

Return to Courses