Roadtripping 2/24/07

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Roadtripping 2/24/07

Postby uNicedmeMan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:29 pm

Me and my friend were going to try to play all of the holes at the grange and loriella this saturday because of the nice weather forcasted. We were informed however that the grange monthly is this saturday and will damper our plans.

Does anyone have any suggestions of a place to road trip to offereing the possibility of melted snow and clear teeboxes this saturday somewhat close to baltimore. I'm down for driving about 2 hours or so each way. We've want to play somewhere new and have allready played paw paw, and the grange. Codorus is where we learned the game and is our backup if we don't think of anywhere.

Please offer suggestions.
I'm straight up jonezin for a road trip.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby ferretdance03 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:54 pm

Boulder Woods in Lewisberry, PA is having their Ice Bowl this Sat. 9am register, 10 am tee.
$25 2 rounds, a player's pack and hot lunch included.Image

The course is similar in play to Calvert, in that accuracy is rewarded more than distance. More wooded and more elevation than Calvert, but less woods than Druid X holes.

Tees are gravel, but I'm pretty sure they are clearing them or already have. I know a few guys went out Thursday, so I assume the tees were playable.

It'll be a good time. We know how to have a good time up here in Pennsyltucky!Image
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby black udder » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:56 pm

well...Richmond has Dorey Park & Gillie's Creek. Both fun courses, but not the same as the Grange or Loriella. Gillies & Dorey are both smaller courses relying more on accuracy. There is a long and a short tee on both courses though. If you played long/short on both, you'd have a full day.

There's also the new course New Quarter near Williamsburg. You can definitely spend a day on that course, no problem. Has both long/short tees.

There's also a couple courses in Charlottesville, Walnut Creek & another I haven't played.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Return to Courses