dallas area

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

dallas area

Postby steven » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:25 pm

we want to hit selah ranch this early november. would be flying in to dallas. what are the best/longest/hardest courses in the dallas area to compliment selah?

thanks
YETI - GATOR - ROC - PD - BOSS
steven
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: dx roc

Re: dallas area

Postby eegor » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:52 pm

Harry Myers in Rockwall was designed by John Houck, like Selah Ranch.

I haven't had the pleasure/opportunity to play Selah. So another Houck designed course is about the best I can offer. Harry Myers is a very nice course, and it's right off the highway that leads to Selah Ranch.
eegor
Noob

Favorite Disc: Ridge

Postby dgdave » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:20 am

Rockwall and Towne Lake are both excellent course. Both by houck, Rockwall is more difficult, but I enjoyed Towne lake more
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby seehad » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:40 am

Another vote for harry myers and towne lake. I hit those along with Alex Clark and BB Owens on my trip down there but harry myers and towne lake are two of my favorites anywhere.
seehad
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby rooneytunes » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:54 pm

Harry Myers, hands down the best in the metroplex. This is a MUST play. Legit par 4's and 5's and some bomber distance shots. This is the only course in the area that can even hold a candle to the kind of distance required for Selah.

Towne Lake is fun as well. There are some long-er shots out there, but nothing major. Plays along a creek that comes into play on half the holes. Beware the creek! Wooded with open fairways and high ceilings. It is unique in the area and worth playing.

If you're looking for tight and technical both courses at Lester Lorch in Cedar Hill are super fun, but on the shorter side. The courses are located on a preserve and are cut into a heavily wooded area with little noise and almost no contact with the surrounding neighborhood, which makes for a cool atmosphere.

I wouldn't bother with Alex Clark or BB Owens, they really are just pitch and putt courses that aren't worth the time.

Turner Park in Grand Prairie has some distance and big elevation changes. Lots of mandos since it is in a park with winding roads throughout and wind can be a pain in the ass. Precarious pin placements that punish poor approaches and missed putts. Not the best atmosphere, but a cool course and many think it is one of the better courses in the metroplex.
Wraith-Pred-FD-Eagle-XXX-Warship-Fuse-Pure
rooneytunes
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Postby Ryen91 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:31 am

I really want to play with some people I just moved here is there any people willing to join me up for a fun practice game
Ryen91
Noob

Favorite Disc: Tee Rex

Postby dgdave » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:46 pm

Next time I'm down that way, I'll shoot ya a pm
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!