New Course in Rockwall, TX

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

New Course in Rockwall, TX

Postby RustyP » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:39 pm

I just read on the PDGA message board that Rockwall, TX (just east of Dallas) is getting a new course, designed by none other than John Houck. The layout has already been established, and I think a few of the baskets might even be in the ground.

Here's a link to the virtual tour of the course: http://www.golfdisc.com/design/rockwall/

And here's a link to the PDGA thread: http://www.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.p ... o=&fpart=1

The world needs more Houck courses :)
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Re: New Course in Rockwall, TX

Postby bigs348 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:48 pm

RustyP wrote:The world needs more Houck courses :)
\

I can't wait to play his course at the IDGC down in Augusta. On the PDGA site, there was a thread where he was posting his design journal. The course is going to have like 3 par 5s and 10 par 4s or something crazy like that. Mostly wooded. It sounds awesome...
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby matchu » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:10 pm

The world needs more Houck courses

prefferable with a designated fairway and less thorns imo
matchu
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Bradley Walker » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:13 am

POS.

See "course you hate" thread.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Return to Courses