Where to play in Austin

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Where to play in Austin

Postby domromer » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:14 am

My friend is going to Austin this wekend. He only hast time to play one course. Which should it be?
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby ziggy » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:03 pm

if he wants the longhorn experience

Pease park

Which one did your friend choose?
ziggy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby domromer » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:33 pm

does [ease park have a river/stream going through it? If so it was that one.
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby Mr.SmOOOth » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:16 pm

Yeah, a stream. I guess it has potential to be a river if they get enough rain. I like having to throw across it.
I played Pease after the Wilmont in Houston and liked Pease better. The shots seemed more interesting to me.
"Are you talking to me on a cellular phone? I don't know you. Who is this? Don't come here! Prank caller! Prank caller!"
Mr.SmOOOth
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Z BUZZZ

Postby scoot_er » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:42 pm

Mr.SmOOOth wrote:Yeah, a stream. I guess it has potential to be a river if they get enough rain. I like having to throw across it.
I played Pease after the Wilmont in Houston and liked Pease better. The shots seemed more interesting to me.

The best course is WILCO by far. PLenty of par fours and 2 par fives make it a schweet par 62. BTW what did you shoot on the Wilmont? That used to be ny most played course until I moved 75 miles from ANY course.
scoot_er
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Mr.SmOOOth » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:15 pm

This was in 2004 when I was driving to Florida. I can't remember what I shot overall. I know I 5'ed that loooong hole (1000 ft.?) I hit one of the few trees 100 feet or so off the pad. I would guess I finished 8 or 9 over. I hope to get back there in June when I move back to Fl. Now that I have a few more years playing under my belt I want a rematch!
"Are you talking to me on a cellular phone? I don't know you. Who is this? Don't come here! Prank caller! Prank caller!"
Mr.SmOOOth
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Z BUZZZ

Postby scoot_er » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:21 am

Mr.SmOOOth wrote:This was in 2004 when I was driving to Florida. I can't remember what I shot overall. I know I 5'ed that loooong hole (1000 ft.?) I hit one of the few trees 100 feet or so off the pad. I would guess I finished 8 or 9 over. I hope to get back there in June when I move back to Fl. Now that I have a few more years playing under my belt I want a rematch!

The 1000ft tee on hole 14 is only in for tourmaments so you probably played the 650ft setting. The pin has been moved way lft (300ft) and up the hill since then.
scoot_er
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Courses