Stoney Hill, Prosperity, SC

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Stoney Hill, Prosperity, SC

Postby S Brown » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:01 pm

I had the great fortune of capping off a great weekend of golf at a private course about 30 miles outside of Columbia, SC.

In my opinion, it is like a disc golfers dream come true. The Sauls family of Columbia has designed an amzing 18 hole course in the rolling farm country of Columbia. The family has three separate homes on the property, and have designed this amazing course.

In my opinion they have made amazing use of this land, and it is an absolute pleasure to play. Much to my delight I had the chance to play with Coral and Travis Sauls, who helped design the course. Specifically the 17th and 18th holes.

The highlight of the day was watching Coral who is 15 and 150 soaking wet with rocks in his pocket, flick one almost 500' into the quarry adjacent to the 18th green. AWESOME!! Below please find a link to one of the most unique courses anywhere.

The course is still rough in spots, and I promise it is nasty if you get in the rough. I played in the "opening day" bring your own doubles and we had 11 play. The Sauls' could not be more gracious hosts, or better ambassadors for the game. SC is lucky to have them around. Thanks David, Chris, Travis, and Coral!!!!

I was in Columbia for the annual March Madness Tournament held at Earlewood, and next year the Sauls are thinnking of having some kind of event in conjunction with the madness.

I promise it is worth the trip!
http://www.saulsinsurance.com/stoneyhill/
http://columbiadiscgolfclub.com/earlewo ... course.htm

Steve
S Brown
Noob

Postby the invisible tree » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:26 pm

When complete, we hope to offer camping, fishing, hunting, skeet shooting, horseback riding, and paintball to our guests.

the invisible tree
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Return to Courses