In Houston for the weekend

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

In Houston for the weekend

Postby AciDBatH666 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:37 am

hittin up Houston this weekend.
My buddy lives up in the Woodlands, said theres a 9 hole and an 18 hole course right near his house. Im gonna drive up after work today and hit up those 2 this afternoon, or at least one. (4 hour drive)

Saturday Im gonna try to convince him to come with me to one or both of the Tom Bass courses. I've asked friends and they've said that the Tom Bass ones are the ones to hit up. I saw on the PDGA website that the ones near my buddy in the woodlands have a lot of really short <300' holes, but are hilly.
Then i think one of the TOm Bass ones has like, 13 holes over 400'.. WOOO! I gotta get out to those big holes. So thats my goal.

P.s.- My friend doesn't play, so he wont understand the concept of hitting up better known parks and for what reason. He probably thinks that the ones near his house are just like the rest and thinks I'll be content with just that.
If anyone is around that area and can throw me a bone for nice technical courses or wants to come play a round with me, lemme know.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby matchu » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:10 am

welcome to Houston.... give me a call 713-408-2512..
there is a small tourney at Tombass this weekend, TExas states maybe you heard of it. Come out and watch! the nine hole course up there in the woodlands is awesome!

conroe is a nice long/technical course in that area. go to hfds.org and check with us locals.
matchu
Fairway Surgeon

Postby AciDBatH666 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:17 am

Wait, texas states is this weekend?
WTF.
A buddy of mine is gonna be there. SHIT! I might just go and play Advanced!

You know if theres spaces open? Cuz the last big big tourney in LA was at Lafreniere and they had ZERO openings with nearly 110 ppl.
If I can be guaranteed that it wont fill up or anything and they'll keep takin ppl then I'll make an actual effort to make it.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby AciDBatH666 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:23 am

ACK, the PDGA website is showing it as a 2 day event.
So i guess thats a no go. I dont wanna go there to hang out with my friend and be gone both days. I might check it out tho.

Glad to hear the 9 hole course is pretty cool. Im not a big fan of 9 holes, i guess mainly because the 9 hole we have here in Lafayette was the first one like 10 years ago, and its really lame. The holes are like, 150-180' for almost all of em.
I'll give ya a call if I get some time, you gonna be in the tourney all weekend?
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby matchu » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:37 am

yes, I volunteered to make sure the h2o is out there and plenty of it for the players. (I get to drink)(and ride a golf cart). The nine hole has a hill in the middle might as well be a mountain for this area. Yhere are short hole up hill and long holes up and down the hill. Bring your skateboard if you have one as well. there is a small skate park between 9 and hole 1.
matchu
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Courses