Wisconsin

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Roy » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:01 pm

Justin Trails in Sparta is nice. They have 2 eighteen hole courses, but I only played one of them.

Nice blend of holes, the couse I didnt play is apparently pretty long.
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

Postby pointdisc » Thu May 01, 2008 7:10 pm

This Nordic Mountain, where can one find said course?

Anyone play any of the Green Lake courses yet? May try them out sometime soon...

pd
Rhyno - Element X - Eagle - Firebird - SOLF - QOLS
CLICK HEREto sign up for instant DGR karma!!!
pointdisc
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Eagle-X

Postby rusch_bag » Thu May 01, 2008 7:18 pm

I believe the nordic mountain course is at nordic mountain the sky place in Wautoma(sp?). I have not been there but I have friends that have been there and rumor has it that there is a lot of elevation there.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Roy » Fri May 02, 2008 6:21 am

pointdisc wrote:This Nordic Mountain, where can one find said course?

Anyone play any of the Green Lake courses yet? May try them out sometime soon...

pd

Nordic mountain = mount morris.... Near Wautoma

It's awesome... it has legit par 4s and 5's and lots of great views. Lot's of elevation change and some big D.
Roy
Colonel Cleavage

Course Clean Up

Postby wdb4th » Fri May 02, 2008 8:36 am

Hey everyone,

Duck Pond in Fontana, WI is having a course clean up on saturday. A little work followed by a little disc. Mention DGR and I will hook you up with a disc or 2 for your work.
Throw Quest AT!

Bullard Disc Golf Design
wdb4th
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beat Proto Magic

Postby WIpilot » Fri May 02, 2008 10:17 am

I think the best one around where i live is at Janesville WI Lustig Park. Its not the best course in WI but its the best in the midlle of southern wisconsin.
Keep It Simple Stupid........KISS
WIpilot
Tree Magnet

Postby Gumbo » Fri May 02, 2008 11:47 am

The Lakeshore Technical College (LTC) in Cleveland has a pretty nice course on campus. The tees are only woodchips, but the baskets are Mach 5, and it's a super fun course. They did an excellent job using the existing terrain and trees, and wind is almost always a factor. I would highly recommend playing if you're in the area.
Gumbo
Noob

Postby pointdisc » Thu May 08, 2008 10:43 am

FYI; I called the number for the Burr Oaks DGC in Green Lakes and it seems like quite the hassel to get in there to play.

It's private, they have no tees or tee signs, they use the same basket for multiple holes, and the only time you can play is when they're up there for the weekends (which is sporadic). However, if you do get the urge, I was told to call ahead on a Thursday or Friday to see IF they'll be up there for the weekend.

pd
pointdisc
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Fritz » Thu May 08, 2008 11:24 am

Brown Deer is DA BOMB! Tendick is also a fun course. But my favorite that I've played in Wisconsin is Brown Deer and Dretzka Original.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby kvanorsdel » Thu May 08, 2008 6:55 pm

I really like

Baraboo
Token Creek - Madison
Elver Park - Madison
Sandy Point _Lac du Flambeau
Mt. Morris - Private course, yet playable
Gringon - Appleton area
kvanorsdel
Fairway Surgeon

Postby pointdisc » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:00 pm

Thought I heard at one time Ripon was puting in some courses (three possibly).

Any new news regarding this?

pd
pointdisc
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Bobby12many » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:11 pm

Fritz wrote:Brown Deer is DA BOMB! Tendick is also a fun course. But my favorite that I've played in Wisconsin is Brown D\eer and Dretzka Original.

Brown Deer is also my favorite course in SE WI.

Its always fun playing Dineen, Dretzka, and Brown Deer in a day :)

My favorite 9'er in the area would HAVE to be Harnischfeger Park, located about 7 miles northwest of Oconomowoc. They have a series of 4 wooded holes that are absolutely phenomenal. Id recommend it to anyone! Warning; You will not se another soul there, but you will encounter hoards of mosquitos. SO bring spray, or you wont even be able to play.

QUestion to you guys; Is Baraboo Lions DGC worth an exclusive 2 hour drive?
Bobby12many
Noob

Postby Tra » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:32 am

Bobby12many wrote:My favorite 9'er in the area would HAVE to be Harnischfeger Park, located about 7 miles northwest of Oconomowoc. They have a series of 4 wooded holes that are absolutely phenomenal. Id recommend it to anyone! Warning; You will not se another soul there, but you will encounter hoards of mosquitos. SO bring spray, or you wont even be able to play.

I love this course, only a 10 minute drive. It does get very soggy after rain and the mosquitos are very thick but worth it!
Tra
Noob

Postby Bobby12many » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:45 pm

Tra wrote:
Bobby12many wrote:My favorite 9'er in the area would HAVE to be Harnischfeger Park, located about 7 miles northwest of Oconomowoc. They have a series of 4 wooded holes that are absolutely phenomenal. Id recommend it to anyone! Warning; You will not se another soul there, but you will encounter hoards of mosquitos. SO bring spray, or you wont even be able to play.

I love this course, only a 10 minute drive. It does get very soggy after rain and the mosquitos are very thick but worth it!

I have a feeling that it may be a few weeks before it dries out enough to play. #2 tee and basket area was never fully dried out this spring..... Im sure it will be damn near unplayable for at least a few more weeks after the rains we had this past weekend :(

All of my nearby courses are flooded out at this point.
Bobby12many
Noob

Postby kvanorsdel » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:11 pm

Bobby12many wrote:QUestion to you guys; Is Baraboo Lions DGC worth an exclusive 2 hour drive?

I'd say yes. I really like the barbaoo course. its rarely busy and by busy I mean 4 or 5 other groups on the course. Make sure you go when its not wet. The only downfall of the course is the rubber teepads that can get slippery if wet.
kvanorsdel
Fairway Surgeon

PreviousNext

Return to Courses