colorado springs

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

colorado springs

Postby dgdave » Sun May 13, 2007 11:38 am

I'm going to colorado springs in july for 4 or 5 days and was wondering what are the courses to hit. I won't have a car cause I'm flying in to visit family.

also what discs should I bring? don't discs act more overstable?
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby rwmurrow » Sun May 13, 2007 11:43 am

Good Question. I as well will be visiting there and had not thought about that yet. if there air is thinner there than my understanding of the phsics of the disc is that it would be more understable. but that is just a guess. I went over spring break but sadly did not get to play. I sure hope I get to play this time.
Destroyer,PD2, Firebird, Teebird, Gator, Roc, Challenger
rwmurrow
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Drew » Mon May 14, 2007 11:47 am

been told that the greater the elevation the more stable a disc will act. i thought that was counter intuitive, but i live in florida so what the hell do i know about elevation.
http://www.lionsgatekennels.com

Youtube sight for the Ultimate Disc Golf Show. Full website under construction featuring: interviews, tournament videos, instructional videos, discs for sale.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=UDGS
Drew
Tree Magnet

Postby dvlcek » Fri May 18, 2007 1:11 pm

I used to live in CO Springs about three years ago. Cottonwood Creek and Widefield are the two I know of and have played. Cottonwood is in the northern part of town and Widefield is south. Lived about five minutes from Widefield so it saw most of my playing time. Pretty nice course with some water and trees for obstacles. I thought Cottonwood was a little tighter course and could get busy. Thought there were some bike/walking trails in places. Widefield for the most part is pretty to open to just discing.

I just had the elevation discussion with my buddy from Kansas City last weekend when he was out for a tourney here in CO. He did notice that his discs were a little more overstable than what he was expecting. I think normally he can turn over his star valk pretty easy in KS but it was pretty much a straight flyer up here. I haven't really played much in KS since I left there eight years ago to tell from personal experience. Hope it helps a little.

Enjoy the courses if you get a chance to hit them!
dvlcek
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Piranha

Return to Courses