Best course in your State

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Donkeypuncher » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:08 pm

I'm not too far from cedar hill, so I think I might play that one when I'm over the flu. It's not fun to play when you're sick and almost pass out twice on the course.
200, and 40 dollars......a worth a puddin'
Donkeypuncher
1000 Rated Poster

Postby RustyP » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:12 am

Cedar Hill is like your own little disc golf paradise...the park is just outside the city limits and nobody goes there except golfers (and the occasional fisherman). Its my old home course, so I'm definitely a little biased :)

Big Show is coming up on Feb 9-10...
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby Donkeypuncher » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:41 am

Sounds promising. I just looked, and cedar hill is closer to me than fort worth. Sounds like I got a course I need to hit up when I get back in town. Are there any course maps, or do I have to just learn the course as I go. Hopefully it has signs like porter and lewisville, but I've found that most courses don't.
200, and 40 dollars......a worth a puddin'
Donkeypuncher
1000 Rated Poster

Postby RustyP » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:12 am

There might be a map on the bulletin board in the parking lot, but both courses flow pretty well without one. All of the holes have signs, but there arent any pointing from one hole to the next, and there are only a couple of spots that might be confusing:

The front course (Beaver) starts at the NE corner of the parking lot. After #8 you keep walking past the basket to the next teebox where you'll throw over a small swampy area. To get across you have to walk to your left (if you're looking at the basket from the box) and there's a little path / landbridge that takes you to #10's box...just keep walking and you'll cross a wooden bridge that'll take you to the green for #9.

The back course (Coyote) starts near #16's basket on the Beaver course...if you're standing at the basket for #16, look across the big field and you'll see the box for #1 Coyote back against a tree line. The only weird part I can remember is after #9...there are a couple of ways you can walk after that hole. Just keep following the direction of #9s fairway and you'll run into the box for #10. Oh, and after 17's basket, walk back up hill behind you but slightly to the right and you'll find the little path up to #18's tee.
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby BLURR » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:20 am

Well...in Iowa, I would have to call it a three way tie.

Peninsula Park - Iowa City
West Lake - Quad Cities
Indian Hills - Ottumwa

Ewing was the best course about two years ago, but has since been replaced.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby widewhale » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:39 am

corey115 wrote:Minnesota
1. Blue Ribbon Pines, East Bethel- 27 holes of some of the most beautiful holes ever.
2. Kaposia, South St. Paul- 18 holer, very wooded, a true test of distance and accuracy.
3. Hyland Hills, Bloomington- Built on a ski resort, large elevation changes. Hole 18 is 705 ft. down a ski slope!!!

I concur on Bluue Ribbon Pines adn Kaposia, but not the Hyland Hills course. It's just too barren and unpleasant to play. Hills yes. Challenging yes. But not very fun.

I'm anxious to see the new Bryant Lake layout, but until then I'd say North Valey for third.
widewhale
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: dx bb aviar

Postby corey115 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:06 pm

I'm excited for an 18 hole Bryant Lake too. That course was amazing when it was 12 holes, I can't wait til spring!!

As for my comment about Hyland, I only like it for the challenge, and #18. Otherwise you are right, it is not a very "fun" course, but I still love playing there.
Predator | Avenger | Boss | Drone | Buzzz | Yeti
corey115
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Previous

Return to Courses