Best course in your State

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby J2 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:03 am

i would be scared to throw my disc on that one
J2
Noob

Postby timg » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:06 am

J2 wrote:i would be scared to throw my disc on that one

Just wait for the wind to die down a little :D
timg
Tree Magnet

Postby Fritz » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:06 am

timg wrote:Fritz,

That last picture is amazing.. what a hole! Wow!

Yeah, you do not want to shank on that drive :lol:
Your disc is bu-bye if ya do that.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby mothrows » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:20 am

Seriously, I'm going to have to plan a family vacation just so I can go empty the bag on that hole.
mothrows
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z Flick

Postby Fritz » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:15 am

mothrows wrote:Seriously, I'm going to have to plan a family vacation just so I can go empty the bag on that hole.

A little late for this year unless you can make it out here that quick, but keep you eyes on this tournament.

http://wrightlife.com/site/content/b/3/

It's called Kiss the Sky. It's played at this course usually last weekend in June, or middle of July. It's played at that course and that is the signature hole on the Aspen, Colorado course.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Jaysus » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:26 am

timg wrote:Fritz,

That last picture is amazing.. what a hole! Wow!

double wow
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Craig Smolin » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:08 am

Just got back from a business trip to Sacramento, and added Cordon Park in Grass Valley to my list. Locals were heaping praise on it, like it's the best course in Cali not called La Mirada or Dela. Some touted it as even better than those two, and among the best in the country. Definitely had some good holes, and good use of the topography. But it does not qualify as one of the best in the country.

The two best courses (all layouts) I've played are Warwick and Maple Hill. The only thing that puts Maple Hill second is my slight dislike of the water holes. But they're definitely very fair and reward strong and accurate shots.
Craig Smolin
Tree Magnet

Postby Timko » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:42 pm

In Iowa:

Winner: West Lake Park in Davenport, IA
Runner Up: Peninsula Park in Iowa City, IA
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby tushamajig13 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:20 pm

Borderlands Blue to Blue (long) has owned me time and time again. I know what I need to do on each hole, just cant get over the intimidation. Its so intense.

I will definitley go play Maple Hill this summer, and probably play conservative as all hell.
tushamajig13
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby MR. WICK » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:26 pm

will definitley go play Maple Hill this summer, and probably play conservative as all hell.

We should meet up and do that. Pretty much the only course driving distance from me that I haven't played.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby jiwaburst » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:38 pm

Just got back from a business trip to Sacramento, and added Cordon Park in Grass Valley to my list. Locals were heaping praise on it, like it's the best course in Cali not called La Mirada or Dela. Some touted it as even better than those two, and among the best in the country. Definitely had some good holes, and good use of the topography. But it does not qualify as one of the best in the country.

ARRGGHH

That's right. My wife and I were in Grass Valley yesterday, with our discs, stopped to have breakfast, and then totally spaced on that course. We don't exactly get up that way very often. Frick!!
jiwaburst
Tree Magnet

Postby Hoey » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:06 pm

The Natural wrote:
will definitley go play Maple Hill this summer, and probably play conservative as all hell.

We should meet up and do that. Pretty much the only course driving distance from me that I haven't played.

Let me know, I'll gladly guide if I'm able to that day.
Throw discs, and forget about life for awhile...
Hoey
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: fuse

Postby deaddisc » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:13 pm

bogies are free wrote:
The Natural wrote:

Let me know, I'll gladly guide if I'm able to that day.

Count me in if you need someone who can guide on where not to throw :o :lol:
deaddisc
Fairway Surgeon

Postby esip » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:45 pm

Michigan: Hudson Mills Metropark near Ann Arbor
esip
Noob

Postby presidio hills » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:13 pm

although dela is widely recongnized as one of the best courses in the country, i'd rather play bijou in lake tahoe, or stafford lake in novato california over dela any day.
bijou in all longs is just one epic hole after another... up and down hills, through heavy woods, and out into praries. 27 holes of awe!
stafford is just gorgeous and extremely challenging. tons of elevation, and one big technical hole after another. i learn a few things every time i play there.
toney's mountain golf may be the most challenging course in the state. it's on a private ranch and is just completely insane but VERY cool! i can't think of a better place to spend a disc golf weekend... teepees, pitbulls to protect you from the bears, awsome family, breathtaking scenery and the craziest course i've ever seen.

between those three i don't know if i can choose. but i think they're all cooler than dela... which IS a fantastic course.
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

PreviousNext

Return to Courses