Best course in your State

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby radsnowsurfer » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:32 am

I just took my first trip through California playing disc golf and I played delaveaga la mirada and many other courses but the won the I found to be a bit better then delaveaga for overall quality was lake casitas near ojai, great layout, well kept, sweet top of the world hole. I only wish I could have played it more. :)
Joshua Olmsted
radsnowsurfer
Tree Magnet

Best in VA

Postby Lowe » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:53 am

In VA I like Walnut Creek in Charlottesville the best. I think I've played about 3/4 of all the VA courses. IMO it's better than Hawk Hollow and New Quarter in Williamsburg.

Lowe
Lowe
Noob

NC

Postby Lowe » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:55 am

In NC my favorite course is Renaissance in Charlotte.

Of the ~200 courses that I've played and reviewed Renny is #1. The amount of labor done on that course is mind boggling!
Lowe
Noob

Postby sportsdude25 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:47 am

I've played six of the seven courses in my general locale. Haven't yet played the Quad Cities courses or the Rockford courses, but, from my perspective I'd have to say the 18 hole course at Sinnissippi Park in Sterling, IL would be the best course with the 18 hole course at Krape Park in Freeport, IL coming in at a close second. If anyone reading this post gets a chance, play these courses. You won't be disappointed :!:
sportsdude25
Tree Magnet

Postby esip » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:04 am

in michigan i would say that Mason County Park in Ludington on a lot of holes you have a great view of lake michigan. they have three 24-hole courses. there is a good variety of holes as well. one of the things that kinda bugs me is that fact that it seems to be windy most of the time note: im not from ludington so ive only played it maybe 20 times, but it seems each time ive been there has been wind...does anyone in ludington find this to be the case?
esip
Noob

Postby discndav » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:35 pm

I took a DG roadtrip this past Oct ober through New England and found the below courses to be great:

CT: Wickham Pk
MA: Marshall St - Maple Hill
ME: Sabattus
MA: Borderlands

I can not say enough about Sabattus, I have played over 200 courses and this might be my favorite DG facility of them all yet I haven't seen it mentioned here or on other DG sites. What do others think about this place?
discndav
Noob

Postby Timko » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:28 pm

Best course in Arkansas: Horseshoe Canyon.

I haven't played anything outside KC yet, but next year I should have a better idea about Missouri.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby MDR_3000 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:27 pm

MDR_3000
I Throw Faaar

Postby kvanorsdel » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:31 pm

esip wrote:in michigan i would say that Mason County Park in Ludington on a lot of holes you have a great view of lake michigan. they have three 24-hole courses. there is a good variety of holes as well. one of the things that kinda bugs me is that fact that it seems to be windy most of the time note: im not from ludington so ive only played it maybe 20 times, but it seems each time ive been there has been wind...does anyone in ludington find this to be the case?

Being that it is in such close proximity to Lake Michigan I would assume you have a pretty good chance of wind. My brother in law lives just a couple of miles from these courses and I can't wait to get of to visit them, I mean him
kvanorsdel
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:00 pm

I've only played in NC and the best here is Renny by far but I don't get to play it much. The best in the Raleigh area in my opinion is Buckhorn which also happens to be my home course.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby corey115 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:55 pm

Minnesota
1. Blue Ribbon Pines, East Bethel- 27 holes of some of the most beautiful holes ever.
2. Kaposia, South St. Paul- 18 holer, very wooded, a true test of distance and accuracy.
3. Hyland Hills, Bloomington- Built on a ski resort, large elevation changes. Hole 18 is 705 ft. down a ski slope!!!
corey115
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby Donkeypuncher » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:02 pm

My opinion really can't count because there are 155 courses in texas and I've only played in the dallas area. In dallas, I would say audubon and probably veterans, but I've heard z boaz is a really nice course.
200, and 40 dollars......a worth a puddin'
Donkeypuncher
1000 Rated Poster

Postby scoot_er » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:39 am

corey115 wrote:Minnesota
1. Blue Ribbon Pines, East Bethel- 27 holes of some of the most beautiful holes ever.
2. Kaposia, South St. Paul- 18 holer, very wooded, a true test of distance and accuracy.
3. Hyland Hills, Bloomington- Built on a ski resort, large elevation changes. Hole 18 is 705 ft. down a ski slope!!!

I played all of those this summer and Blue ribbon was the prettiest course I have played.

Kaposia is good but I'm sure there are better courses somewhere.

I don't like highland at all.
scoot_er
1000 Rated Poster

Postby scoot_er » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:41 am

Donkeypuncher wrote:My opinion really can't count because there are 155 courses in texas and I've only played in the dallas area. In dallas, I would say audubon and probably veterans, but I've heard z boaz is a really nice course.

There isn't a best course in TX. There are a few.

Wilco, Cameron East, Circle R, and I have heard from many of our pros I play with that Twin Parks is very nice but have yet to play there.

Zboaz is nice but I think Cedar hill is better.
scoot_er
1000 Rated Poster

Postby RustyP » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:43 am

scoot_er wrote: Zboaz is nice but I think Cedar hill is better.

Werd.
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

PreviousNext

Return to Courses