Courses in Oklahoma I should play.

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Courses in Oklahoma I should play.

Postby Donkeypuncher » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:04 pm

I've played every course around dallas now, so I'm just wondering what courses from oklahoma I should visit. I plan to do a couple of disc golf road trips in the next few months, but oklahoma is first on my list since it's closest. Austin and houston are next on the list, especially the wimberley courses but first thing is first. I'm sure dave can give at least a few good ones for me check out.
Donkeypuncher
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Timko » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:28 am

Blackhawk in Tulsa is probably the best in a city with a lot of courses.

When Arkansas makes it on your list, make sure you go to Horseshoe Canyon in Jasper. Trust me, it's worth the drive.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby RustyP » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:18 pm

Never played in Oklahoma, but if you decide to head east, make sure you stop at the new course at Lake Bistineau, just east of Shreveport. It's not on the PDGA directory yet, but you can find directions here --> http://sndg.org/forum/read.php?2,100382,page=1

VERY scenic with large cypress trees covered in hanging moss, nice swampy lake, heavily wooded shots and a few long, open ones too. Shreveport has some other fun courses...I've only played Ford park and Clyde Fant so far. Ford is like a longer, more difficuly version of Alex Clark Memorial in McKinney with 3 sets of tee boxes and a slighly more hilly terrain with tall pine trees. Clyde Fant was a fairly easy course with some small hills and nice green grass, mostly short deuce-able holes...the thing that makes it interesting is that it's lit for night play. There's a new 9-hole addition there that I haven't played yet...heard it's much more difficult than the regular 18 hole layout.
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Return to Courses