Farmington Park - Rocky Mount, NC

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Farmington Park - Rocky Mount, NC

Postby ericdmb » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:05 am

http://pdga.com/course/courses_by_city.php?id=1735

anyone ever play this course?
I am driving to Myrtle Beach SC tomorrow from Philly PA and plan to stop and play this course as it is appears to be only 5 miles from Rt. 95.

any tip, reviews or concerns?

thanks
ERIC
www.bearclaws.org

"Life is short but sweet for certain"
ericdmb
Tree Magnet

Postby the invisible tree » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:25 pm

Never heard of it. I can tell you that Tupelo Bay in Myrtle Beach = teh suk.
the invisible tree
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Postby rgdg » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:20 pm

I've never played that one, but this might be on your way...Wilmington is the the NC coast north of myrtle.
I enjoyed it.
http://pdga.com/course/courses_by_city.php?id=1247
rgdg
Noob

Postby ericdmb » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:40 am

well, I played Farmington and it was a nice course! First 3 holes were short and tight in the woods, after that it opened up a little more to some nice holes. A few holes with a creek in play, one that played over a hill and cul de sac, a nice 600ft+ shot and the best hole was #15 with tight fairway and creek running entire hole on the left!
There is also another course just 2 miles from Farmington called Eddington. Pretty sweet to have 2 full courses less than 2 miles from each other! I just did not have time to play both and local contact on the PDGA site for these courses suggested that I do farmington as that was the better overall course.

Also played Tupelo Bay in Myrtle beach. this is a 9 hole course located on a 9 hole par 3 golf course. $7 to play 9 holes of disc golf was a bit much but I figured I would only be playing this the one time so I did. Shot -5 on the 9 holes! Over all not much challange.
www.bearclaws.org

"Life is short but sweet for certain"
ericdmb
Tree Magnet

Return to Courses