Courses near Peoria, IL

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Courses near Peoria, IL

Postby Fazor » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:44 pm

I'm visiting a friend who lives in Le Roy, IL... which is about 30 min from Peoria. What courses should we play in that area? Any good ones?
Boss, Firebird, SOLF, Teebird, Leopard, Z Buzzz, Warlock

Lifetime Disc Sports
Fazor
Tree Magnet

Re: Courses near Peoria, IL

Postby jorr16 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:09 am

Fazor wrote:I'm visiting a friend who lives in Le Roy, IL... which is about 30 min from Peoria. What courses should we play in that area? Any good ones?

Leroy is a little farther then 30 min from the Peoria Area. I'd say its a little closer to an hour for most of the stuff. If you plan on heading to the peoria area I would say hit up Mcnaughton, Morton, or Eureka. You could also hit up Bradley Park or Illinois Central College's course. The last two are farther away from Leroy then they first three. There is a course in Leroy but I am not sure of the condition of it. There also is two courses in the Bloomington/Normal area. Depending on when you visit your friend Mcnaughton might be closed because the are working on the road to get to the park. I will look to see the dates for that and post back.
Hope that helps!
If you have any more questions then let me know!
J
When walking up to tee
Strive to be bogey free

Discs for Trade/Sale
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/vi ... php?t=3395
jorr16
Tree Magnet

Postby Fazor » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:52 pm

Thanks J,

I will definately check out those courses you listed. We will probably hit 2 or 3 of them. If you had to choose the best one that is fairly close... which of those would you choose?

Also, we did find the one in Leroy... it is only 9 holes... so I wasn't expecting much. But when we got there, it was surprisingly nice. Good baskets, and it was pleasantly difficult. Very interesting pin placement, and since it didn't seem like it was worked on much, the rough was really rough. So it was better than expected. But would like to check out the others. Hope to hear from you soon... seeing that we'll be getting out tomorrow again. Thanks,

JV
Boss, Firebird, SOLF, Teebird, Leopard, Z Buzzz, Warlock

Lifetime Disc Sports
Fazor
Tree Magnet

Postby jorr16 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:50 pm

I would say that Mcnaughton and Morton are two of the best ones down there. However Mcnaughton has some construction around the park and it might be hard to get there if you aren't a local. If you can I would play Morton and Eureka. Eureka would be the closest one to LeRoy and Morton would be the next closest. I would say probably about half hour to 45 min from Leroy. I know the Bloomington/Normal courses are closer but those two are just really cool courses.
Let me know how it goes!
J
When walking up to tee
Strive to be bogey free

Discs for Trade/Sale
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/vi ... php?t=3395
jorr16
Tree Magnet

Postby jorr16 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:08 pm

How did this trip go?
When walking up to tee
Strive to be bogey free