San Antonio's Top Course Choice???

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

San Antonio's Top Course Choice???

Postby warlocks00 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:36 am

I am going to be in San Antonio this weekend, and have a few hours to get a round in on Saturday afternoon. Wanted to hear some opinions about, if you could only play one course there....which woudl it be???

From what I hear up here in San Angelo, Live Oak is the one. But I wanted to see if anyone else had a better option.

thanks for the help
Warlock Disc Golf
warlocks00
Tree Magnet

Postby matchu » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:57 am

yes live oak, yet is is in live oak not san antonio ...
confused yet? fun course with plenty of holes.
matchu
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Barbikes » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:58 pm

I agree! I've only played one course around San Antone and it was Live Oaks but it's a great course. Lotsa holes, good elevation change, and some water hazards.
Since you live in Texas I probably don't need to mention this but since I'm a Seattle boy I also gotta say that it gets WINDY down in TX sometimes! Adds to the challenge though!
Barbikes
Tree Magnet

Postby warlocks00 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:26 am

thanks guys...from the way it looked Live Oak was the place to play.

Yeah, try living in West Texas....where there are no real trees(pretty much mesquite only)to block it....It's windy here all the time, and especially on tourney day!
Warlock Disc Golf
warlocks00
Tree Magnet

Postby warlocks00 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:44 am

WoW what a course Live Oak is.....a ton of holes, lots of shots needed, lots of trees, and did I mention a TON OF HOLES!!! The only thing we missed the first section of 3 alternate holes because either we missed the trail, or they were not marked. Found a local and he told us the path to the second set. Anyway, great course...I am glad I played it, and didn't even lose a disc on that one water hole(I think 6 from the pros)...hit a tree and flipped my disc upside down, and it floated until I could get it close enough to the bank to sink it and use my golden retriever to fish it out.

If you get a chance, play this course.
Warlock Disc Golf
warlocks00
Tree Magnet

Return to Courses