Moving to Reno, NV

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Moving to Reno, NV

Postby dflaschiii » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:56 pm

Good courses? Any nearby clubs?

Honed my game in IowaCity/CedarRapids and Nashville/Murfreesboro area and both of those places have great clubs and wide variety of courses. I see the course in Tahoe is pretty cool looking.

Looking forward to launching 425+ in those high elevations :D
dflaschiii
Tree Magnet

Postby presidio hills » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:22 am

truckee is pretty close (half hour?) and i dig they're 18 hole. i hear they have a new 18 hole, too... but i'm not sure.
zephyr cove should be about 45 minutes away and is a super killer burly course. rugged terrain and some really beautiful views... plus a great course, too.
bijou is about an hour away and is 27 epic holes. not too rugged but some holes are rediculously tight, others rediculously long... travels over lots of land through forrests and praries. maybe the nicest course i've ever played.

unfortunately i don't know if reno has a course yet or if there's anything closer than truckee.

also within a few hours is grass valley which has two courses and toney's mountain golf (rediculous course).
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Fritz » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:15 pm

http://www.lvdiscgolf.com/

All you need to know about Las Vegas Disc Golf. I actually met that guy, he's pretty kewl. That club seems pretty active.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby warlocks00 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:43 am

Not from the area, and have only played one course that way, but like presidio hills said the Bijou in South Lake Tahoe is one sweet course. We played it on a snowboarding trip to Tahoe. It was covered in snow, and the ponds were frozen over, but you could tell it would be killer to play in the spring/summer months. Seems like there was a sign at the course with the clubs name on it.
Warlock Disc Golf
warlocks00
Tree Magnet

Return to Courses