Lincoln Park in Springfield, IL now has...

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Lincoln Park in Springfield, IL now has...

Postby Jwt4412 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:09 am

alternate pin placements....

Yep, this year you will be seeing alternate pin placements at the CCC later this season- and it looks like Brad, the TD, will be tapping Ziggy to set up a couple of the "Cardinal/Deaf Dogs" temp holes for this upcoming event.... including a wicked hyzer shot through the woods just above the ponds in the center of the park... We will be throwin' all at ya' cuz too much of a good thing, is well a good thing...

Just a taste... #16 - a short ace-run on the side of the hill below the Pavilion building... Well, the alternate is across the sidewalk and concrete stairs that go down the hill - the full length of the hill and basket is just shy of drop off of the hill at the road in line with the teepad for #13 that is across the inner drive... Risk vs. Reward....

#11 - a blind hyzer into the woods now has the alternate pin placement all the way down to the bottom of the hill through the woods and is about 20' short of the road under a monster tree...

Elevation now comes into play on 5 of the new placements... Best round so far has been a 55 from the Blues as compared to a 43 from the Blues as the course record...

It is tough but not impossible. The only hole that did not get an alternate pin sleeve is #9 - the long hole across the top of the park...

Park District is fully on board with Disc Golf now and our third course is going in down at Centennial Park... They just planted a bunch of prairie grasses... once the new grasses take hold - then the baskets, we already have, are going in.... Down hill bombs - basket layouts across streams in the woods and a place for a temp hole where the tee pad can be set on a huge hill that must be 200'-250' high and the basket can be put anywhere for 400 to 900 feet from the base of the huge hill....

With Douglas, Lincoln and Centennial... we are thinking maybe A-tier in a year or two...
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: DGA D-Line Reef

Postby discdawg » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:15 pm

Played Lincoln on Wednesday. Tough, but fun. It would take a while for me to get use to it, but I liked it.

I would suggest making a way to point people in the direction of the next hole and updating the distances marked on the tees. 18 was kind of a long way from 17, and I would have been lost without having gone with somebody who had already played the course.

I did really like the 17 alternate teebox (sidewalk). I threw right as a Lincoln Town Car was going down the road. I missed the trunk by inches and hit a trash can. FUN!!!

#11 was a GREAT hole!!
discdawg
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: TeeBird

Return to Courses