Roadtrippin 8/20

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby deaddisc » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:08 am

No problemo. Just make sure you guys PM hero before you go so that he gives it the OK. Also, the course is free to play but he pays a bunch of money to keep it so nice so please think about a donation in the box to help defray some of his costs. He pays a landscaping crew to come in weekly and cut, you'll see the results and will be quite impressed i guarantee.
deaddisc
Fairway Surgeon

Postby uNicedmeMan » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:56 am

damn
i can't wait to start this tour on sunday.
this is the last time ill be on a computer untill then so...
ill see you all on the other side
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby roadkill » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:10 am

Uniced,

You may not read this post before you leave but I'll weigh in any way.

As you may have realized the majority of courses in the Mid-Atlantic are right off I-95 so I'd use 95 as your main route of travel. I'm sure you're well versed in what MD offers so I'll start with DE.

Brandywine is a beautiful long open course with an abundance of elevation changes and notorious for wind but has incredible panoramic views and some killer downhill crush shots.

Tyler in Newtown PA has 27 holes of which 23 are in tight woods. It's very clean and you'll likely see some deer during your round. If you like wooded courses you may really enjoy it here.

Little Lehigh in Allentown is absolutely gorgeous. It's pretty open and has many elevation changes. It is among the most well groomed and most like a ball golf course than I've ever played. It's also chock full of attractive fit women jogging or walking their dogs.

Warwick in NY is a championship course with half the holes being wooded and the other half wide open. Plenty of long holes especially if playing animal tees to blue baskets. With two permanents baskets on each hole as well as two tee pads you can mix and match for a variety of layouts. The wooded holes have some fast greens so watch those approaches or long putts!

Other courses worth checking out: PA: Prompton in Honesdale, Nockamixon in Quakertown, Jordan Creek in Allentown DE: Lums Pond NJ: Rutgers/ Cook Campus NY: Mt Kisco.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Previous

Return to Courses