Roadtrip to Nashville (and maybe Bowling Green)

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Roadtrip to Nashville (and maybe Bowling Green)

Postby RustyP » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:28 pm

I'm planning a little 4-5 day roadtrip from Texarkana to Nashville to visit some friends, and I'm trying to figure out which courses I'm going to play along the way. My plan as of now is to stop in Memphis, TN on the way in (and maybe again on the way back home), then stay in Nashville for a few days and maybe go up to Bowling Green, KY for a day just to play. I've already decided on playing Cedar Hill in Nashville and Meeman-Shelby State Park in Memphis, but other than that I'm open. Here are the others I'm considering:

Bud Hill - Memphis, TN
Seven Oaks - Nashville, TN
Two Rivers - Nashville, TN
Kerieakas Park - Bowling Green, KY

Did I miss any good ones? Any input on those listed? I'm especially interested in seeing some pics of these course if anyone has some.

'preciate it, mane.
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby deaddisc » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:30 pm

I loved seven oaks, so id say def try that one out. Also, check out the course in Smyrna TN. Im not sure of the name but I recal it being the best one I played on my trip to that area.
deaddisc
Fairway Surgeon

Postby chris86wm » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:18 pm

The course in Smyrna is called Sharp Springs. I have been playing there over my summer break and its a great course. Lots of great wooded holes with a few longer open shots. Not sure when you're leaving but they're having a one day tournament there Aug 12. It should be lots of fun.

Also, Lovers Lane in Bowling green is another great course. Its less than 10 minutes from Kerieakas Park.

You could also check out Barfield Crescent in murfreesboro, and Henry Horton.
chris86wm
Tree Magnet

Postby eg37167 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:42 pm

Sharp Springs in Smyrna is a good and challenging course-- insect repellent strongly advised.
Cedar Hill and Seven Oaks are really good courses-- Seven Oaks is very wooded which can be a break in the heat here.
eg37167
Tree Magnet

Return to Courses