Time for 1 round in Austin this Friday...which course?

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby warlocks00 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:07 am

Ok so we are heading to Marble Falls this weekend for the boat races, and are leaving a day early to go play a course in Austin. We are leaning towards playing Circle C, but thought I would ask if there is a better choice. The only course I have played in Austin is Zilker, and didn't really care for it. Looking for more of a challenge, a good mix of short and long, tight, and some elevation would be great. What do you think????

thanks for the help....
Warlock Disc Golf
warlocks00
Tree Magnet

Postby matchu » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:28 am

I have not played the new layout of circle c, i hear it is really tough and might be hard to navigate with out a guide. Pease park alway nice to play.
matchu
Fairway Surgeon

Postby PiglyBigelsworth » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:08 pm

Some buddies of mine just got back from playing in austin a few weeks ago. They suggested Circle C if you're into difficult courses. All three of these guys have been playing for years and can play well. The winner finished +14. He said it was the hardest course that he's ever played. They really did like it though.
PiglyBigelsworth
Noob

Postby matchu » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:51 pm

that is a correct analysis from what I have heard as well
matchu
Fairway Surgeon

Postby warlocks00 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:38 pm

That's what we are looking for, tough and tight. Sounds like Circle C is the place to play for this trip....I do want to play Pease at some point though....that will have to be the next trip down that way. Thanks guys....
Warlock Disc Golf
warlocks00
Tree Magnet

Postby warlocks00 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:10 am

Well I got what I was looking for with Circle C. Very tuff, and challenging course, probably the hardest I have played. Definatly want another shot at it, as I was having one of those off days. Think I'll wait till it's mowed though...waist tall weeds on several holes. Lot's of fun though....next on the list is pease when I am back down that way.
Warlock Disc Golf
warlocks00
Tree Magnet

Postby warlocks00 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:57 am

For any of you long time DGers that have played Circle C.

I was talking to a buddy that said he played Circle C about 2-3 years ago, but when he played it, he says it was a 27 hole course, and had teebox signs telling you the distance, and par of the hole. I told him he had to be confused with some other course, because there was no teesigns on any of the holes, and there were only 21 holes when I played it last week.. Also said there was a 1000 foot hole when he played it. I know I have read this course has been redesigned at some point, but when they did that...did they take out holes, and all the teebox signage?
Warlock Disc Golf
warlocks00
Tree Magnet

Postby DELETED » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:37 am

DELETED
DELETED

Postby J. Ray » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:18 am

warlocks00 wrote:For any of you long time DGers that have played Circle C.

I was talking to a buddy that said he played Circle C about 2-3 years ago, but when he played it, he says it was a 27 hole course, and had teebox signs telling you the distance, and par of the hole. I told him he had to be confused with some other course, because there was no teesigns on any of the holes, and there were only 21 holes when I played it last week.. Also said there was a 1000 foot hole when he played it. I know I have read this course has been redesigned at some point, but when they did that...did they take out holes, and all the teebox signage?

the course was re-designed a little over three years ago. the older layout was much easier and enjoyable IMO. the layout was redesigned due to it's proximity to a walking path. I think SADA has plans to do some major cleaning up over there. This past month they've spent every Sun. cleaning up Searight preparing for Blue Skies, so they've had their hands full. I'm not aware of a 1000ft + hole on the old layout but I'm sure you remember the 1200+ #19 on the new layout. I'm personally not crazy about the course and don't make it out there very much. Next time you're in you should check out Steeplechase Park in Kyle.
J. Ray
Noob

Postby warlocks00 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:48 am

I have played Kyle twice now. That is a really nice, and fun course to play, I really like it a lot....just got to watch out for all the poison ivy. Never seen a course with warning signs like that before. I would play that course all the time if I lived down that way.

Was that 1200? I think that's the one I took a 7 on....drove into the trees, all I could do was pitch it out, then on the next one I put it back in the trees, and again all I could do was pitch it out. Was shooting 4 and I was only half way there...Yeaooooo! All we had was a map I had found on the net, but had no distances or pars.
Warlock Disc Golf
warlocks00
Tree Magnet

Return to Courses