how to raise money for baskets....

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

how to raise money for baskets....

Postby esip » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:15 pm

here's the deal: where i live there is a big lack of courses with nice elevation changes. But, there is one post course that has amazing potential if a few changes and additions (baskets) were made. This course is about 75% open, very hilly fields and 25% wooded shots. The holes have everything from upshots to downshots. The course has fairways that are very nicely maintained.

I want to know how to raise money for baskets, signs, and some kind of pads.
-also, is it possible that the county (it is a county park) would pick up the check?

here is the pdga course info: http://pdga.com/course/courses_by_city.php?id=425
esip
Noob

Postby dgdave » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:21 pm

contact the parks and rec board. we went from a 9 hole to an 18 hole course with new homemade metal baskets and huge concrete tees. we contracted a guy to make the baskets. we only had to come up with 15% of the total cost and the town picked up the rest. My dad got one put in branson Mo and the parks dept picked up the whole charge. nice new baskets and all.

Also, try getting a tourney ran. get the club together and make some money that way.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby domromer » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:07 pm

Hold a bikini carwash, we did that to raise some money for a course in AZ. It helps that one of the members of the club owned a strip club!
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby J-Man » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:21 pm

All good ideas, especially the car wash. Another idea is to approach local businesses to pay for the basket and have a tag with their name and number stating that they paid for it. The Innova yellow band of death baskets work well for this. Good luck, it will happen. J
Team Oregon Ambassador@Large
J-Man
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:31 pm

I would think creative dancing at the club around a pole hole involving chains might have boosted donations... :roll:
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby esip » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:07 am

thanks for the ideas...i might have to hold up on the bikini car wash til next year does anyone from the grand rapids area play this course?
esip
Noob

Return to Courses