Glenn C. Hilton Park in Hickory, NC

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Glenn C. Hilton Park in Hickory, NC

Postby vonDrehle » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:20 pm

I am currently working on adding more course pictures on the course section of the website. I am currently through hole #6 but I'm going to try and add 2-3 holes a week.

If you haven't played the course I would highly recommend it. And if you haven't played the course in a while I would suggest you stop by and check it out. We have put in a new position on hole #4 and fixed up a lot of the tee pads. It is only an hours drive from Charlotte if you aren't familiar with Hickory, NC.

http://www.hickorydiscgolf.com
vonDrehle
Steward Turkeylink: Has not seen The Godfather and is probably a horrible person

Favorite Disc: River

Postby jamsisjams » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:19 pm

I can vouch for Hickory. That third/fourth? hole can be quite the doozy with that lazy river along the right side. I almost lost my favorite Eagle there the first time that I played.

You should come up and check out Richmond Hill (another hour and fifteen minutes from Hickory) too, VonDrehle. I believe that we've added a few new pin positions (#3, 5, 7, 11, 12, 13, 16 and 17) since you were last here and they've finally started adding pedestrian bridges, fences and there's an OB on Hole #1 now. Well, it's not officially an OB but I think it will become one.

Anyway, when's the next tournament/club play down there?
Tsunami-SOLF--JLS-Wasp-Buzzz--Wizard-Whitler

"Hit me with your wisdom, cow."
jamsisjams
1000 Rated Poster

Postby vonDrehle » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:46 pm

We have been doing the last Saturday of each month for tag singles and then normally doubles after but I'll have to double check to make sure they are still doing it. And we do Sunday doubles at 11:00 year round.

But I've definitely been wanting to come back up to Asheville. When I'm out between semesters I'm going to try and hit up a lot of courses I haven't played in a while and Asheville is one of them.
vonDrehle
Steward Turkeylink: Has not seen The Godfather and is probably a horrible person

Favorite Disc: River

Postby disc_golfing_fool » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:13 am

Hickraw is the shiz!
Brad used to come over to our Yadkin dubs a lot.
I learned a lot from that dude.
~~~some rise, some fall, some climb to get to Terrapin~~~
~~peace.love.disc~~

OM
disc_golfing_fool
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: ROC

Return to Courses