South East Wisconsin Maybe Getting a New Course

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

South East Wisconsin Maybe Getting a New Course

Postby wdb4th » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:31 pm

Well Hi!

The Abbey Resort and Spa in Fontana, WI is on the verge of installing a 9 hole course. But here is the issue.... our General Manager (GM) doesn't think that disc golf is that marketable.

So here is what I need from you.... if you are able to come up to the Abbey for a weekend http://www.thenewabbey.com and play some golf. I will be setting up a temporary course using Quest's new portable baskets.

The course should be up tomorrow but definely by the end of the week. This will be a beginner course but, it also is at a nice resort.
Throw Quest AT!

Bullard Disc Golf Design
wdb4th
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beat Proto Magic

Postby Gumbo » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:01 pm

Manitowoc is also receiving a new course paid for entirely by the Manitowoc Parks Dept!

I'm not sure where it is, I was only told about it. There will be three tees for every hole, and alternate pins for several. Tees and baskets are going in next year, but the course is technically playable now. Tees are flagged and "baskets" are poles.
Gumbo
Noob

Postby wdb4th » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:21 pm

The course is in!!! If you want to come play before it becomes Pay to play e-mail me and I will set you up.
Throw Quest AT!

Bullard Disc Golf Design
wdb4th
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beat Proto Magic

Return to Courses