Crawford Memorial Park in Dallas, Tx

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Crawford Memorial Park in Dallas, Tx

Postby JosephY » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:02 am

I recently went to try out Crawford Memorial park in Dallas. You know the one off of Elam rd. and Prarie Creek Rd.... I did my best to play what i could of the course. seemed to be a great course....but...... I only found half the freakin pins didnt know which tees went to which pins it was rediculous.. Does anyone have some sort of walkthrough for this park? I am willing to make a map for the place and mark some things off even if i just had someone to point me in the right direction in the first place! I tried to contact mike whats his face for some info but either couldnt be reached and once he was reached he was kinda short with me,,,,, I am even willing to take over the park and start tourneys and minis there if i could.. I just live down the road... can someone help out???
JosephY
Noob

Postby RustyP » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:06 pm

Crawford is actually in the middle of being redesigned right now...the front 9 or so are supposed to be in the ground, but I'm not sure about the others. The city had to repair / replace a bridge out there and asked that the course be redesigned. Gary Duke, the TX state DG coordinator, is working on it...you could get his name/number from the PDGA website and I'm sure he'd walk you through and help out with organizing a mini. There used to be one on Sundays but it just kind of dissolved over time.

I wouldnt bother with Mike Doran...heard some bad things about that guy. I used to live about 10 minutes from Crawford and its an awesome course, just in a less than perfect part of town. The old #12 was one of the best holes I've ever seen...period (really tight with crazy elevation drop), and #2 in the long position is one of my other all time favorites!
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby JosephY » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:27 pm

redesigned huh? hmmm Mike didn't say anything about that.. yea heard some bad stuff about mike too...when we went out there didnt look like anything was being done or changed... Ill try and get an update and post back when i get more info
JosephY
Noob

Postby RustyP » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:36 am

To be fair, I haven't actually seen the course myself in a long time. Some guys that I play with in Dallas who know Gary Duke told me about that, so it may not have taken place yet...or may not at all. Watever happens, I really hope that course starts getting more use...it had some cool features that other courses around Dallas don't have and I'd hate to see it go to waste.
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby JosephY » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:45 am

Yea i saw a lot of potential out of crawford not seen in other local courses like bb owen or audobon which have mainly open area holes. didnt see too much accuracy dependant shots out of those courses.. like bear creek and veterans which seem to be on a different higher level of course design and crawford is closer than either... Think ill spend a day out there walking around trying to figure the course out or whats there left of it. but not the greatest area so i prolly gotta take one or two of my brothers for safety lol. i think that course will help hone in my skill of accuracy and thought of placement in a shot.. i dont feel like i get that out of bb owen or audobon and i really dont feel like driving an hour to play everyday. id rather walk down the street and play a great course. .. really wish i could find out if i have what it takes to somehow get the keys to the course or at least help move along the redesign or building of the course whatever the case may be... would love to do something like that guess i should do some research first... i got the time cause i work graveyard and have all day to get things done.. seems like alot of people bash on mike here and on pdga forum... i think ill start by talking to him.. am i in over my head?? too ambitious?? just love for the sport and hate to see as said before hate to see a great course go to waste
JosephY
Noob

Return to Courses