Georgia Disc Golf

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Georgia Disc Golf

Postby frizfraz » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:45 pm

Hello, I have been a long time reader of this forum and have obviously recently joined, anyway has anyone here ever played the Central park or Wills park in Georgia. These are my local courses just wondering if anyone has heard of either of them.
frizfraz
Noob

Favorite Disc: KC Roc

Postby jamsisjams » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:13 pm

What part of GA are they/you in? I live in western NC so I make it down to GA, occasionally.
Tsunami-SOLF--JLS-Wasp-Buzzz--Wizard-Whitler

"Hit me with your wisdom, cow."
jamsisjams
1000 Rated Poster

Postby frizfraz » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:28 pm

it's in north Georgia near Forsyth county, or Roswell
frizfraz
Noob

Postby jamsisjams » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:45 pm

Very nice. You care to play host to some NCers in the near future? We're always looking to play new courses but it's nice to have someone who knows the layout of the place, as well as how to get there. Fricking mapquest is hit or miss.
Tsunami-SOLF--JLS-Wasp-Buzzz--Wizard-Whitler

"Hit me with your wisdom, cow."
jamsisjams
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Naomi » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:20 am

I have heard of Central Park dgc in Cumming, GA! Am coming down from NC to play the GSSS in August! Have never played it yet though. Me an BF are thinking of coming down sometime in next few months to give it a try. 8)
Naomi
Noob

Postby mixmasterob » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:09 pm

I know I have played Wills before, but it was a while ago and I dont exactly remember how it was. I usually play Sequoya and Oregon a lot, that is what I am home from school. East Roswell is also a really good course.
mixmasterob
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Sidewinder

Postby frizfraz » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:49 pm

I just played east roswell for the first time a few days ago, I really liked it

you could hear people hitting trees everywhere
frizfraz
Noob

Postby Jimmy » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:55 pm

Just noticed this post. I used to live in the ATL. East Roswell is great, and Central is also nice. Make sure you make it up to both for the Atlanta Open in a couple of weeks. They've made it a USDGC qualifier, and claim Central is going to be Winthrop-esque.

I lived in Snellville (Gwinnett County) and played Lenora and Redan mostly. Redan was a lot of fun, as I really enjoy the woods. Between the 2, you get a nice combo of open air and tight woods. A couple of my buddies still back in Atlanta prefer Roswell to all others.

Fritz wrote:Play with Jimmy, he is cool as hell!

Aviars / Rocs / Whippets / Gators / Leopards / TLs / Teebirds / Eagle-X's / Firebirds

My Trade/Sale list:
Jimmy's Trade/Sale List
Jimmy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Crossed Reality » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:43 pm

Wow, sorry I missed this thread earlier.

We play in the ATL area all the time. I'm about to hit Central in Cumming for the first time this weekend. Here are my thoughts on the other courses from reviews I've written for http://www.dgcoursereview.com/:

East Roswell. The best course in the area.

Oregon. Second best.

Sequoyah. Okay. Pretty unique for the area.

Wills Park. Not worth it under almost any circumstances.
Crossed Reality
Noob

Re: Georgia Disc Golf

Postby Lowe » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:14 am

frizfraz wrote:has anyone here ever played the Central park or Wills park in Georgia.

I played Central Park in June 2003 when the course was new. I rated it a 6 (out of 10). I'll eventually post my full review at my Yahoo group DG Course Reviews and at Disc Golf Course Review under the name Olorin. (I've got a whole bunch of new reviews in the queue to do first, though.)
Lowe
Noob

Postby Ricker112 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:57 pm

I just recently started playing. Im in Suwanee I usually play Lenora. I might try Redan or East Roswell tommoro morning. Played Central Park yesterday it was a little discombobulated from the Atlanta Open( missing baskets). .........or maybe I just didnt know where the hell I was at. Me and my buddy are new to the sport but hooked as hell so anyone in GA that wants to play we would like to play with some more experienced players.
I got a Pan, I got a plan, Ima fry dis chicken in my hand!
Ricker112
Noob

Return to Courses