New course Mckinney, TX

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

New course Mckinney, TX

Postby Donkeypuncher » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:20 am

I heard about a new course being built early last year, but it was hard to find any info about it. I found some transcripts from the city counsel where they approved it, but never saw a listing online for it. Found a map that shows it down the street from clark memorial so I'm gonna check it out tomorrow and see if it's even built yet.
200, and 40 dollars......a worth a puddin'
Donkeypuncher
1000 Rated Poster

Postby DELETED » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:18 am

DELETED
DELETED

Postby RustyP » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:25 pm

Some of my buddies are putting that course in. The baskets arent there yet...I heard its going to be a few months still. It's supposedly within walking distance of the other course in McKinney, which is a pitch-n-putt, so it'll make for some nice contrast being heavily wooded.
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby Donkeypuncher » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:55 pm

I guess it's within walking distance, it's across 75 from alex clark. Heres the dfw courses map- http://www.lsdga.com/txnews.php I drove by but I didn't see it, but I think its in the back of the park.
I found a site this morning that shows some pictures and a rough map for the basket and tee placements- http://www.ccdiscgolf.com/Towne_Lake_di ... course.php
I think the pics might be a few months old so I'll have to head out there with my camera and see how it's looking.

Any idea on the length of the holes? I'm not a big fan of the pitch an putt courses, they get a little too easy after a while.
Donkeypuncher
1000 Rated Poster

Postby RustyP » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:10 am

Definitely not a pitch and putt...i don't know exact distances, but this past weekend a friend of mine who played the layout minus baskets said there are several 400+ shots throught he woods. He said all in all its going to be a tough course. If you want to check it out before its actually in the ground, there's a group that meets at Alex Clark on Sunday morning and then goes over to the new course to work on it...i think they meet at 9am?
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Postby RustyP » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:02 am

FYI - there are 3 new courses coming to the Mesquite area too. There's a 9-hole going in at Porter Park near Northwest Highway / Beltline, 18-holer at Paschall Park (across I-635 from the Rodeo), and a 9-holer at DeBusc Park (near AMC 30 movie theater). The TX State coordinator, Gary Duke, is working on all of them...there's a thread on the PDGA forums about it if you want to know more.
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Postby Midnightbiker » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:08 pm

Damn, I wish we would get some more courses in the Houston area. :(
Listen to The Love Doctors on Real Radio 10am-3pm Eastern
Click here
http://www.wzzr.com/pages/the_lovedocs.html
Midnightbiker
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Magnet

Postby Donkeypuncher » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:09 pm

Yeah I saw the new courses listed in mesquite, although it is a little far.

I'll have to see if I can catch them on sunday to check out the layout of the course. Sounds like it might be a harder and more heavily wooded lewisville course, which would be perfect.

Hopefully we keep getting new courses, especially denton, they only have 1 which is a shame.
Donkeypuncher
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Dig It » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:49 am

Holy crap Texas has a ton of courses!
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

Postby matchu » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:12 am

where do you play most often midnight biker?
We have plenty of courses in and around Houston. Problem is only a select few are really nice and offer something for everyone. Things seem to be changing for the better so who knows what is instore for us. The quaill valley country will be a huge addition to discgolf in our area.. I really hope the course will be there for good and not just for Texas States Championships.

anywayz.... we need to hook up sometime for some golf.
Synchronize the why’s, the if’s the lies. Shake and sift through the mess. Digress the flesh left is our disguise.

matchu
matchu
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Courses