Ohio Course Question

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Ohio Course Question

Postby Smoke » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:50 pm

Ok so heres the deal. I''ll be heading to Cinci to pick up my girl next month and we planned on stopping at 2 courses. One is Mt. Airy and the other is Burnett Woods. Just wondering if anyone with some experience on those courses can give me a little info. She isn't doesn't play disc golf at all and basically just goes along to take pictures of the scenery and stuff. This will be both of our's first time at those courses.
I'm neither a bear, nor a cheetah..I'm a WOLVERINE!

"Must get past the first tree....um the second one too." - Bill
"Start the lawnmower..smack the midget." - D, when talking about how to throw
"No Low Putts!" - Hell if I know
Smoke
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby sleepy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:10 am

Mt Airy is a very nice course and should provide for some great photo op's and nice scenery in general. I played it last year on the way down to BG Am's. We were there on a weekday morning, and were the only 4 people on the course. It was well maintained and laid out with holes of varying length/difficulty, and some nice elevation changes too. The only negative I can mention was that the restrooms were locked (it was March when we played) and that one of the baskets was missing (not any fault of the parks people or the local DG'ers). I highly recommend playing it.

Also, here's a map of the course/hole layout.

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby chainsmoker » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:38 am

Do not play Burnett Woods! The course is poorly maintained, missing a basket or two, and the park attracts strange people. If you don't want to go too far from Burnett there is a new 9 hole course on the campus of Cincinnati State. It is only about 10 minutes away from Mt. Airy and Burnett. The course at Cincinnati State is really new and does not have tee pads or signs yet so you'll need a map.
chainsmoker
Fairway Surgeon

Postby dflaschiii » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:36 pm

One word: IDLEWILD
dflaschiii
Tree Magnet

Return to Courses