new Chico Ca course?

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

new Chico Ca course?

Postby Elevated Plastic » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:01 am

I was playing at Oroville 2 days ago and some local guy was asking if we heard of the new course that opened in Chico 3 days ago. Anyone heard anything before I make the 2 1/2 hour drive? Theres nothing on PDGA. He said it's below the Bidwell Park courses by the river...........
So many courses, so little time......
Elevated Plastic
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: new Chico Ca course?

Postby Triplebogey » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:05 pm

Elevated Plastic wrote:I was playing at Oroville 2 days ago and some local guy was asking if we heard of the new course that opened in Chico 3 days ago. Anyone heard anything before I make the 2 1/2 hour drive? Theres nothing on PDGA. He said it's below the Bidwell Park courses by the river...........

A new course?? I've played the "old" one that has tone-pole targets. It's a lot of fun, but bring high quality plastic, 'cause there's lots of tree stumps and rocks to tear up your discs.
My trades

I suck at Disc Golf, therefore I can't afford to carry discs that suck.
Triplebogey
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 150 Class Aero

Postby Elevated Plastic » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:49 pm

I found a little bit on the new course, it was built for kids. It's a Robin Hood theme, it's called Sherwood Forest hahaha! Bring your putter cause I think it's short as hell. Better yet, probaly a waste of time......... to bad cause it's in a sweet location.
:twisted:
So many courses, so little time......
Elevated Plastic
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Working Stiff » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:02 pm

Chico has a all-out war over disc golf. The City was going to OK two 18-hole courses in Upper Bidwell. I guess the old course was kind-of a wildcat set-up that was never approved. Some guys just went out and put it there. Anyway, there is a citizens group called "Friends of Bidwell" that had a huge fit and filed suit, called for environmental studies, etc. to stop disc golf in Bidwell. The City had mentioned putting in a short "kids" course in town during all this, but I never heard the outcome of any of it.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Return to Courses