Woodland Park, Collinsville, IL

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Working Stiff » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:37 pm

Here is a video of some guys playing Woodland. It gives a good idea of the terrain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfZ0JqjXQeY
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby ziggy » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:56 am

discdawg wrote:
Next stop...Lincoln at Springfield on Friday.

how was Lincoln Park?
ziggy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby discdawg » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:41 am

Didn't get to play that time. Crappy weather.

I have played it before. Nice course. The park is undergoing some changes and has temporarily changed a few holes.
Valkyrie - Eagle - TeeBird - Roc - Wizard
discdawg
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: TeeBird

Postby Working Stiff » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:20 pm

They have been adding longer pins and moving stuff around a Lincoln, trying to make it tougher. I have not been up there recently, but a buddy who played an event up there in the fall when they used the new long placements said they have done a nice job with it. Even before that it was a nice course, much improved over Douglas Park. Douglas Park is still the place to go if you are looking for a male prostitute. :shock: I took my daughter with me to Douglas Park thinking it would set up better for a seven year-old girl than Lincoln. Big mistake!

Since we are drifting already and in that neck of the woods, I'll copy a Chuck Kennedy post from the PDGA site:

"Here are some course stat nuggets from the 2007 sanctioned events. We have SSA values for 2468 course layouts. The average SSA, adjusted to the 18-hole equivalent where needed, was 51.2 with 75% of all course layouts between 46 and 56 SSA. This is less than 2 shots average increase from the 49.5 value recorded in 1999.

The highest SSAs recorded were at the Gateway Open with 71.6 from the Red tees and 72.1 from the Blues. I think this was the Centralia course in Illinois."

Foundation Park, baby!
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby discdawg » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:53 pm

Working Stiff wrote:They have been adding longer pins and moving stuff around a Lincoln, trying to make it tougher. I have not been up there recently, but a buddy who played an event up there in the fall when they used the new long placements said they have done a nice job with it. Even before that it was a nice course, much improved over Douglas Park. Douglas Park is still the place to go if you are looking for a male prostitute. :shock: I took my daughter with me to Douglas Park thinking it would set up better for a seven year-old girl than Lincoln. Big mistake!

Since we are drifting already and in that neck of the woods, I'll copy a Chuck Kennedy post from the PDGA site:

"Here are some course stat nuggets from the 2007 sanctioned events. We have SSA values for 2468 course layouts. The average SSA, adjusted to the 18-hole equivalent where needed, was 51.2 with 75% of all course layouts between 46 and 56 SSA. This is less than 2 shots average increase from the 49.5 value recorded in 1999.

The highest SSAs recorded were at the Gateway Open with 71.6 from the Red tees and 72.1 from the Blues. I think this was the Centralia course in Illinois."

Foundation Park, baby!

I will have to wear something special when I play Douglas 8) 8)

I hope to play Centralia this summer. I will be down there quite a bit in the next couple of years. Everyone says it is long and difficult, but nice.
Valkyrie - Eagle - TeeBird - Roc - Wizard
discdawg
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: TeeBird

Previous

Return to Courses