Must play courses near Anaheim CA

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Must play courses near Anaheim CA

Postby honkeytiger » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:32 pm

My wife and I are traveling to Anaheim this summer and since it will be my first time ever in California I was hoping to play some golf. She loves to play also and we have played in over 20 states. I need recommendations on two or three courses in that area to play. Thanks.
honkeytiger
Tree Magnet

Postby Star Shark » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:03 am

in Anaheim you're basically right on top of La Mirada, home of the Golden State Classic. It's a great course. Huntington Beach is also good and is not terribly far from there.
-- Star Shark
Star Shark
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Ghost, Patriot, SL

Postby Dig It » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:08 am

I played La Mirada 6 times when I went out to LA for 4 days. Definitely worth the trip.
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

Postby Elevated Plastic » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:09 pm

If your willing to drive south an hour theres 2 courses in San Diego worth checking out. Emerald Isles in Oceanside CA, it's on a ball golf course, the baskets are behind the greens, and all the greens and bunkers are O.B. Kinda makes it a little tuff to score well. There's a few water hazards and you can play in a golf cart...... good times
Morley Field is another fun course, kinda flat, but it's all nice grass terrain. All types of shots required. Early morning or weekday suggested.
So many courses, so little time......
Elevated Plastic
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby x-out » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:14 am

you should definitely play la mirada. being in anaheim, you are very close, and is one of the best so.cal has to offer. <----i might be a lil bias, seeing as its my home course :p

if your willing to drive a little bit, i say you should hit up sylmar or lake casitas. lake casitas is very scenic with or without the golf, and sylmar is on the side of a mountain. both courses are no more than a 2hr drive from anaheim.
its a game of mistakes. whoever can make the least amount of mistakes wins.
x-out
Tree Magnet

Re: Must play courses near Anaheim CA

Postby Triplebogey » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:01 pm

honkeytiger wrote:My wife and I are traveling to Anaheim this summer and since it will be my first time ever in California I was hoping to play some golf. She loves to play also and we have played in over 20 states. I need recommendations on two or three courses in that area to play. Thanks.

When are you planning to come here?? If you want a couple of small, 9 hole courses to warm up on, you can go to Twila-Reid (just go early in the morning) or Frontier Park in Tustin.
My trades

I suck at Disc Golf, therefore I can't afford to carry discs that suck.
Triplebogey
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 150 Class Aero

Return to Courses