Attn: Race fans in Las Vegas

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Attn: Race fans in Las Vegas

Postby Triplebogey » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:04 pm

I'm comming out to the NHRA National event on Apr 11-13.

What are the best courses to play there?? I've played Sunset already, it's OK, but is there something better??
My trades

I suck at Disc Golf, therefore I can't afford to carry discs that suck.
Triplebogey
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 150 Class Aero

Re: Attn: Race fans in Las Vegas

Postby Fritz » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:21 pm

Triplebogey wrote:I'm comming out to the NHRA National event on Apr 11-13.

What are the best courses to play there?? I've played Sunset already, it's OK, but is there something better??

I've only played Sunset. I really enjoyed it. Heard they took out the ball fields tho? Can anyone confirm this?

I heard the other course in the Vegas area is in a really bad hood. I think it was called Freedom or something.

If ya drive out a little bit I heard Lake Tahoe has a sick course.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby dflaschiii » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:01 am

Tahoe has 4 sick courses, and they're adding another later this year (in addition to one in nearby Reno), it really should be a mecca for disc golf. The entire area is set up for tourism, it would be easy for them to host a national event there, and with the courses (and other fun activities) they have I don't think Worlds is out of the question.

Talked with the guy who designed and maintains the courses up there last weekend and he said that the reason disc golf hasn't exploded up there is because the community is kinda weak, plus there's so much other stuff to do up there. But I see an impending explosion of interest coming on. I will rep this place as long as I'm out here, hopefully it will get some more recognition.
dflaschiii
Tree Magnet

Return to Courses