Yadkinville, NC

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Yadkinville, NC

Postby jamsisjams » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:05 am

Heading that way today. This will be my fourteenth course played in NC. I'll try to give a review when I get back.
Tsunami-SOLF--JLS-Wasp-Buzzz--Wizard-Whitler

"Hit me with your wisdom, cow."
jamsisjams
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jamsisjams » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:55 pm

I played the public course at the Yadkin Co. Public Park and rather enjoyed it. The course starts out rather open but quickly heads into the woods. It pops out of the woods after a while but there are always plenty of interesting lines and obstacles. There's one particularly nice hole that's about 500' long, slightly downhill. Most of the course, however, is wooded with a fairway that you HAVE to hit, although today was kind enough to never push me off the fairway.

To cap the day off, I met up with some locals and took part in their Sunday doubles tournament, which started at 2:00 PM. We shot -7 under but still didn't place for any $.

The best part, however, was the people. Everyone was friendly and a blast to play with. To top it all off, my friends and I were invited to this guy's private course. Apparently he's a part of the Homegrown Tour in the Triangle area of NC. We had an absolute blast playing this guy's tiiiiiiiiiiiiiight course--we're talking fairways that are maybe 7' wide. It opened up a little as went along but was never unfair or unkind.

If you're ever near Yadkinville, go check out their course. Not only is the course fun but the people there are fantastic.
Tsunami-SOLF--JLS-Wasp-Buzzz--Wizard-Whitler

"Hit me with your wisdom, cow."
jamsisjams
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Courses