columbus and/or dayton area courses

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

columbus and/or dayton area courses

Postby worthdan » Wed May 07, 2008 12:02 am

I'm going to be in the columbus and dayton areas for a couple of days and just wondered if there are any must play courses in these areas.
thanks,
dan
worthdan
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby jeremy » Wed May 07, 2008 12:32 am

I really enjoyed Hoover Dam in Columbus, that was about 5 years ago though. I'm sure it is still nice.
jeremy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 178gr Comet

Postby TeeRexJJ » Wed May 07, 2008 6:01 am

hoover damn is the best in central ohio. theres also griggs resevior which is a pretty nice course. how long are you here/how many different courses do you want to play? theres quite a few courses but those two are the main ones.

http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/vi ... php?t=6758

help me get rid of unwanted plastic!!
TeeRexJJ
Tree Magnet

Postby TeeRexJJ » Wed May 07, 2008 6:02 am

oh and hoover is still nice. they really do an excellent job of taking care of it.

TeeRexJJ
Tree Magnet

Postby geoloseth » Wed May 07, 2008 9:50 am

When I was up there for work I played everything they had. My favorites were Hoover dam and lobdell park (Alexandria). Hoover was in the shorts layout when I as there or at least it seemed pretty short. Lobdell has some fairly open fairways but some good elevation. I would recommend playing lobdell from the longs.
geoloseth
Fairway Surgeon

Postby justin » Wed May 07, 2008 12:28 pm

For Dayton courses, I would say in order of importance....

Arthur O'Fisher - This is about 20 minutes off of I-675. Very cool open course with a couple of water hazards. The course is well groomed and easy to follow. You can play 18, or 24.

Sycamore Trails - A newer course that balances open and wooded holes. This is 20 minutes south of downtown dayton. If you're up for the drive, it's my favorite course in the area, especially this time of year before the bugs are out full force. No water hazards.

Belmont - ~6000 ft course/ no water. Typical course, and it's a bit closer to I-675 than Arthur O'Fisher.

All of the courses have concrete pads which is nice.

Here's a link that might help. http://www.daytondiscgolf.org/courses.html
justin
justin
Noob

Postby Will Aubrey » Wed May 07, 2008 3:09 pm

I played Fisher two years ago and really liked it but I had trouble finding some of the baskets. As I recall one hole was unplayable because of flooding that day. But it seemed like a good course.
Will Aubrey
Tree Magnet

Postby justin » Wed May 07, 2008 4:44 pm

The rain is a bit of a problem on that course and at Belmont. On slightly rainy days I always go to Sycamore. There's usually just a few problem spots there where you have to make a bad throw to be affected.[/b]
justin
justin
Noob

Postby TeeRexJJ » Thu May 08, 2008 1:18 pm

geoloseth wrote:When I was up there for work I played everything they had. My favorites were Hoover dam and lobdell park (Alexandria). Hoover was in the shorts layout when I as there or at least it seemed pretty short. Lobdell has some fairly open fairways but some good elevation. I would recommend playing lobdell from the longs.

shorts layout? theres alternate pole layout but they don't really make it shorter or longer i don't beleive (could be wrong) i'm pretty sure that when they switch some become longer some become shorter and the overall length stays similiar. and also theres pro and am tee's so if you think it's too easy on the am tees you could just play from long tees.

TeeRexJJ
Tree Magnet

Return to Courses