Charlie Vettiner Louisville KY!!!!! Kick Ass

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Charlie Vettiner Louisville KY!!!!! Kick Ass

Postby Billym » Mon May 19, 2008 4:14 pm

I got to play this course yesterday at dawn while on a business trip.
It was a bit rainy and the reputation for mud at this course lived up big time but it only added to the adventure.
This course is super tight and very unforgiving. Most holes either have the tee shot or pin approach protected by tight 20-50ft wide tunnel (more like corridor) shots with thick woods/brush. Most holes did not have wide open fairways for a drive. Several holes had tight 90 degree turns to appraoch the pin. #3 is totally commiting; you tee off over a path and creekbed (completed covered in brush) and you need to shoot at a path maybe 100 feet across. You cannot even see the approach to the pin let alone the pin from the tee. Hole 18 is 600+ feet in a complete horseshoe.
The whole course flowed well from tee to pin to next tee and the tees all had clear maps. The course had a lot of side hill that caused your shot to go futher than you want at times as it fades downhill.
I definitely played conservative and layed up a few times. I have never play a mid off the tee to play safe so much before.
I totally wanted to play it several times more but only had time for 18.
Great course for sure.
I was totally by myself it would have been fun to run into a local or two.
Bill
Destroyer,Sidewinder,Firebird,Eagles,Leopard, Roc, Mako, S Wizard.

Sometimes I wonder why that Frisbee is getting bigger then it hits me.
Billym
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Mon May 19, 2008 8:37 pm

I played it with the designer Dave Greenwell over a week ago and agree that it's an excellent public course. I tried some shots even Greenwell hadn't considered or seen there before. The grass was a little higher than he'd like but it had been so wet that many park departments have been behind schedule on mowing this spring.
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Billym » Mon May 19, 2008 9:49 pm

I played the safest shots I could. It was dawn and drizzly with a whole lot of mud and I was alone. I NEED to come back in drier times. I thought it was a totally agressive design. The course just begged to be tested and was willing to punish you if your shot was not true. Only 3 or 4 holes (6,7,10,11) had open tee shots.
Bill
Destroyer,Sidewinder,Firebird,Eagles,Leopard, Roc, Mako, S Wizard.

Sometimes I wonder why that Frisbee is getting bigger then it hits me.
Billym
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Return to Courses