Eagle Point Park-Clinton, IA

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Eagle Point Park-Clinton, IA

Postby sportsdude25 » Thu May 29, 2008 6:44 pm

Anyone know if the course in Clinton is complete and playable yet? I live about 45 min. northeast and would love to make the drive to check it out. If anyone from that area has any info, please post it. Thanks
sportsdude25
Tree Magnet

Postby sportsdude25 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:37 pm

Hmmmm, no one knows anything about the new Clinton course??
sportsdude25
Tree Magnet

Postby iowapat » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:15 am

sportsdude25 wrote:Hmmmm, no one knows anything about the new Clinton course??

Eagle Point Park forum

hope that helps
iowapat
Tree Magnet

Postby sportsdude25 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:57 pm

yes and no.....alot of info but nothing on whether it is up and running yet
sportsdude25
Tree Magnet

Postby sportsdude25 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:44 am

I e-mailed the chamber in Clinton so will post their replay as soon as I receive it.
sportsdude25
Tree Magnet

Postby Funbags » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:27 am

Copied from iowadg.com forums.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We got several of the remaining forms set for the pads on Saturday buy still have about 6 more to do. There were only two of us working today.

Sunday, June 22nd (10am)we will be clearing brush and trimming up some of the holes and fairways. Some help would be nice for removal of the limbs and various brush we will be whacking and sawing up. Suggest long pants for the weeds in some spots. Bring work gloves.

Monday, June 23rd, (8am) finishing the forms and pouring concrete. We really need bodies Monday!!!!!!!!! Must try to finish the TEE pad on Hole 3 if we get the landscaping blocks and gravel. Let's get this beautiful course up and functioning.

See You There.
Thank you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a side note, I played about 15 of the 18 holes of the course last week. A couple of guys shooting knew the layout and I just tagged along with them. I'll tell you what, this course is no joke. Thick woods or prairie grass on every hole. No letting up. Jeans are almost mandatory. This course really made me re-think how good I thought I was. I was used to shooting wide open courses like Sinnissippi.
Funbags
Noob

Favorite Disc: Magic atm

Postby sportsdude25 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:33 pm

I played this course recently with a friend and can say this is a pretty challenging course. It's still a bit confusing as they don't have the tee signs up yet, so, I think we missed two or three holes. It was still a very fun (and challenging) course to play. We can't wait to get back to Clinton.
sportsdude25
Tree Magnet

Return to Courses