Fly18 in Chicago

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Fly18 in Chicago

Postby discndav » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:01 am

which Fly18 is better in Chicago, Edgebrook or River Oaks in Calumet?
discndav
Noob

Postby kvanorsdel » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:07 am

I'm pretty sure neither of those courses are still in the ground. I think Reese pulled them out last year.

Re: fly 18 championship course par 72 [Re: housejunkie5]
#758475 - 10/31/07 11:33 AM

The end of 2 great courses are comming to an end soon.Both edgebrook and river oaks will be removed by me on monday the 5th.Both courses will not be open for play in 2008 or forever.River oaks is in my top 3 courses I have designed and very few players have played it.Edgebrook has always been fun and challenging and was the only basket in the chicago city limits.Due to management and contract disputes this will also be gone.I am working on a few other courses in north cook county to replace edgebrook this year.The new course will not open till next year early spring.I fly out on this friday to do the dirty work.Pulling a course is never fun ...I do want to thank all the players for supporting these courses.I did all I could do to save edgebrook but all attempts failed..This was the last thing I wanted to do.I will not be working with billy casper management ever again.I have 4 or 5 options to keep a course in chicago plenty outside the city.
kvanorsdel
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Working Stiff » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:50 am

The persistent rumor is that Edgebrook will return at some point. They made pretty good coin off disc golf. There was some discussion that there might be a non-compete clause in the contract that might make them keep a course out for a couple of years before they go back to it, but since I've never actually seen the contract I can't say.

River Oaks in relative Chicago terms was pretty close to Lemon Lake and Mokena. From what I heard it still made money, but if I was in that area I'd head over to Lemon Lake 100 times before I'd go to River Oaks.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Return to Courses