The Grange

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby deaddisc » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:38 pm

So all of these aforementioned amenities are on the site??? If so this thing just gets better and better. Next you will tell me that they have their own microbrewery onsite that seves up dollar drafts all day/night...and that the band playing all the sets will be the dead, with jerry. :D
Seriously though, it seems to me that this tourney would be well worth the drive for me. Hopefully I can make it happen.
deaddisc
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Glock23 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:39 pm

Ok, I just used yahoo maps. 6.35 hours from where I live to spotsy. It really does sound like fun.
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~ Hunter Thompson
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Live near Ohio and need a new or used car? Send me a PM!
Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beaver

Postby roadkill » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:28 pm

I went last year and it was amazing.

Everyone camps in tents. The layout of attractions is very convenient as there is a central location for all the non- golf stuff. The video arcade, two days in may cafe and stage are all located together near the tiki course.

Unfortunately I didn't register in time and the pro field is already full. I may just come down to hang out, camp,play in the tiki tournament, listen to music and feed my face.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby deaddisc » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:18 am

I read on the flyer that you have to be a current pdga member to compete, is this for pros only or the entire field? Needless to say I am not a pdga member, and this would certainly be a large cog in the works for me.

Thanks
deaddisc
Fairway Surgeon

Postby some call me...tim? » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:50 am

Looks like it's an A tier tournament, so yeah, you would have to be a PDGA member for that, regardless of your division. Kinda sucks I know, but that's part of the reason why I'm planning on becoming a member here soon.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby roadkill » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:50 pm

I just found the following video on you tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06Ihsaok ... ed&search=

Two guys play the sunnyside and then the darkside. The video has some nice Red Hot Chili Peppers music and while you can't always see the fairways clearly it gives you a feel for the course for those who never been. Of course it is edited to show primarily their best shots, both courses are fairly tough but especially the darkside. Enjoy!
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Previous

Return to Courses