Steeplechase in Kyle, TX

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Steeplechase in Kyle, TX

Postby GorillaTactics » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:29 pm

I think this place is in serious contention for my favorite local course. It has 2 sets of concrete tees on most holes, plenty of water and OB, several holes with pars actually over 3, and a good mix of open shots and tight-as-balls tree shots. Sometimes both on the same hole. There are places you can get birdies but they don't come easy unless you're super accurate, and there's a couple of places where there's a fine line between an easy 2 and a save for 4 if you throw in the wrong place.

Overall a super fun and challenging course, and the marked driving range and 2 practice baskets make it even more awesome. I would highly recommend any Austin/central TX people check it out. PM me if you need directions or want to go play a round and watch me hack around in the trees. :shock:
GorillaTactics
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby Leopard » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:04 pm

f'real -- how bout that Kyle. i love that course. first time i went out there i was taking photos for the tee signs, and i ended up playing 3.5 rounds that day because it was so fun. it's worth the guaranteed poison ivy..

HOTT Kyle Open! can't wait.

.... CFR stamp -- "i hate you kyle!"
keltik wrote:I think ZAM had the right idea.
dgdave wrote:Listen to ZAM.
jsun3thousand wrote:zam is already in your pants.
i post things at facebook.com/PostID
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby GorillaTactics » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:09 pm

You know, I've seen the warning signs and am pretty vigilant in looking for the plant-I have yet to get any poison ivy from there (or anywhere actually). Supposedly it's cleared out a lot since it first opened (my first time was just 2 weeks ago and I've been back about 5 times since, including early this morning). Although maybe I'm one of those lucky people who isn't allergic-although that would be strange because I'm allergic to everything else under the sun. Still not a chance I'm willing to take so I try to avoid it.

I'm thinking hard about signing up for that tourney-it would be my first "real" tournament. Why the F not right?
GorillaTactics
Fairway Surgeon

Postby GorillaTactics » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:39 pm

booyah! Just shot -6 at Steeplechase w/ no bogies. One of my best rounds ever. I apologize for all those times I said "I hate this game" over the past few days.
GorillaTactics
Fairway Surgeon

Postby tim » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:02 pm

I played through there with my brother back in the Spring and I was shocked what a fun course it was. When we drove up it just looked like another mediocre course: basically flat, scrubby, small creek, etc... but when we actually got out and played I was blown away. Excellent design and incredible use of the available land. Some very memorable shots -- especially on the last few holes.

I highly recommend anyone in the area to get out and try a few rounds there. We got in a round each from the shorts and the longs. Would love to play a tourney there, but since it's 1,500+ miles away, odds are you won't see me down there anytime soon. But still a fun and challenging course that greatly exceeded my expectations.
Flick long and prosper.
VP/Wizard | Roc/Buzz | Firebird | Teebird | Destroyer
Vibram Putter tester -- feel free to ask me any questions.
tim
2009 DGR Donator

Re: Steeplechase in Kyle, TX

Postby Jazziator » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:47 am

Yea, Steeplechase is sweet, its my home course anyways, Yea you get like some monster holes, and then like 6 birdie holes in a row but they arent easy birds except maybe 12 cause imma forehand player but hole 4,6,9,16,17 all beasts!!!! Damn YOU GUARDIAN TREE ON 17!!!!
Hit me up anytime ill play steeplechase everyday im 5 mins away..
Disc Golf... Its like UFO'S but without the Mercury Therafluid and Ionic Plasmic Gas
Jazziator
Noob

Favorite Disc: 174 Z Force

Return to Courses