AUSTIN peeps

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

AUSTIN peeps

Postby GorillaTactics » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:32 am

who wants to go throw today? I'm declaring this "No Work Day" as my cellphone took a shit, which means my already flexible schedule just opened right up. I will probably play at least 36 today, post up or drop me a PM if anybody in the area wants to go play.
GorillaTactics
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby Leopard » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:58 am

it's Friday Golf at Circle R ... staff and locals random doubles, starting around 5:30

... only an hour's drive! :lol:

if i were in Austin and not 1000% swamped today, i'd go hit a tree with ya. i am bringing thunder on those punks today!

BTW, check out this page to brighten your day:
Houck's current projects
quote:

Raul Alvarez Disc Golf Complex
Austin, Texas

This landmark project by the City of Austin will feature two championship 18-hole courses on a spectacular property bordering Little Walnut Creek. This facility, designed to include a permanent pro shop, will be a breakthrough in municipal managed play of disc golf. Opening date uncertain.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby GorillaTactics » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:05 am

I think I just got a chubby.

That's awesome, hadn't heard about that upcoming course yet.

Circle R is probably just out of acceptable driving distance for a spur-of-the-moment trip. I do need to get out to that course, but with so many great ones so close, it's hard to drive that far in traffic on a Friday afternoon. :D

Not to mention I'm sure I'd get spanked playing that course for the first time with all you hustlers. :twisted:
GorillaTactics
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Leopard » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:27 am

GorillaTactics wrote:Not to mention I'm sure I'd get spanked playing that course for the first time with all you hustlers. :twisted:

aw, c'mon.... it's just every warehouse worker since 2001, the grounds keepers, a women's world doubles champ (won at Circ R), dudes who play nowhere but Circle R, all with bags full of the choiciest MILL on earth. we have the secret stable stuff :twisted:

at least Jay and Des Reading are out of town! :shock:
... that's when Friday Golf gets real interesting, when your amateur self is paired with a World Champ of some kind. me and Yeti tore it UP! he'd drive well, i'd take the hyzer shank route leaving us 40' out with a 1' window, and he'd nail it. fun fun fun.

i hear you about the drive. only awesome golf would make that drive worthwhile. there's ZERO traffic once you leave Oak Hill though... regular 290, then super-light 290 past Dripping Springs. it's the D, not the hazards.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Postby some call me...tim? » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:42 am

Man. I really want to check out Austin. I mean REALLY. Maybe when our summer starts to wane into autumnal crapitude, I'll see about using up some vacation time....
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby GorillaTactics » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:38 pm

DO IT Tim. Austin rules.

I can see it now ZAM..."Nice shank Innova-Boy!" as I whack a tree with 20 Millennium employees watching. ha ha.

I'll be out there sooner than later, aren't there 2 courses out there?
GorillaTactics
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Leopard » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:51 pm

GorillaTactics wrote:DO IT Tim. Austin rules.

I can see it now ZAM..."Nice shank Innova-Boy!" as I whack a tree with 20 Millennium employees watching. ha ha.

I'll be out there sooner than later, aren't there 2 courses out there?

hehe... it's more like a single card, no huge crowds :)
not sure there have been 20 people who've passed through the company in its entire span!

two courses, yes. both awesome. there's a Meadow, rolling elevation and heavy tree coverage; and a Hill, lots of elevation and harsher terrain. the last hole is the biggest elevation change in TX, so i hear. you go up and around the hill for the whole course, then the last tee you drive all the way down back to the meadow.

Circle R page on circularproductions.com
.. and links to photo galleries there.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Postby GorillaTactics » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:11 pm

<-----drool.

Looks amazing. I think next time my roommate has the weekend off we'll make a trip out there and play a full day.
GorillaTactics
Fairway Surgeon

Postby RustyP » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:39 pm

Circle R = total badassness

can't wait to make another trip down there...hopefully later this summer, once it cools down :lol: I got them A-town blues just thinking about how much awesome golf I'm not playing in Austin right now :(
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby Leopard » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:34 pm

Meadows... 22 on the front 9. :)
not gonna talk about the back nine. :(
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Postby GorillaTactics » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:14 pm

Searight round tomorrow...8am tee time. Any available non-cubicle-slave types in South Austin who have their mornings open should come out.
GorillaTactics
Fairway Surgeon

Postby GorillaTactics » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:54 pm

anybody not working tomorrow AM and feel like throwing a round? I played 2 courses in Houston this weekend and while I had fun making easy birdies...I long for the abuse that only the trees in Austin can give me...

"THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOTHER!!!!"
GorillaTactics
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Courses